+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...smartphone-yet... Smartphone News forum

Article: Anton Thinks: there’s no such thing as a perfect smartphone, yet

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Completely agree. There are many great concepts and implementations, but every single phone lacks something drastic. And the sad part, what one phone lacks, another has.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Completely agree. There are many great concepts and implementations, but every single phone lacks something drastic. And the sad part, what one phone lacks, another has.

Your sooooooo right. And that ish pisses me off every time a new device hits the market. The crazy thing is that the manufactures are doing it on purpose. Bastards!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'd really like to ask this guy to describe what is, "the perfect phone"? judging by what he has written, a phone with an unmatched camera in every aspect, unmatched battery (would need AAAs)
    ok fine, say this happens and it becomes the "perfect" phone...then after a year a phone with more potential comes into the market, then what...I suppose in 1998 the Nokia 3310 was the "perfect" phone, then in 2008 the iPhone 3G was the perfect phone as both these devices where completely unmatched buy their competition in every way, I end my comment buy saying; what good is perfection without practicality ? ie overkill processors, oversized screens and fancy hardly used features with the S4, you would only use it once, to try it out and that's it. in my opinion we reached semi perfection long ago with the launch of the iPhone 3G, from there we just see more and more improvements. perfection is simply a state of mind, it can neither be proven or dis-proven. it simply is nothing more than ever growing improvement.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    What's the deal with AAA's ???????? How did you ever figure that for a battery????????

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Please just don't ask about AAA batteries.
    I'll have to dig up memes.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    I'd really like to ask this guy to describe what is, "the perfect phone"? judging by what he has written, a phone with an unmatched camera in every aspect, unmatched battery (would need AAAs)
    ok fine, say this happens and it becomes the "perfect" phone...then after a year a phone with more potential comes into the market, then what...I suppose in 1998 the Nokia 3310 was the "perfect" phone, then in 2008 the iPhone 3G was the perfect phone as both these devices where completely unmatched buy their competition in every way, I end my comment buy saying; what good is perfection without practicality ? ie overkill processors, oversized screens and fancy hardly used features with the S4, you would only use it once, to try it out and that's it. in my opinion we reached semi perfection long ago with the launch of the iPhone 3G, from there we just see more and more improvements. perfection is simply a state of mind, it can neither be proven or dis-proven. it simply is nothing more than ever growing improvement.

lol...

you're either a troubled poet or a madman

but only a madman could bring up the nokia 3310..

but it is well known that the best phone ever is the Startac Motorola!

Marvel at it's beauty you simple mortals.

i truly believe that every great man that graced this earth would have carried this phone if they were alive in 1996.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Please just don't ask about AAA batteries.
    I'll have to dig up memes.
    Okay?????

Cap, that was an awesome phone. Lol. I remember it well, then I traded for the digital version.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    What's the deal with AAA's ???????? How did you ever figure that for a battery????????
    please see this thread, 4th post: http://forums.pinstack.com/f257/powe...theory-136764/

for theoretical calculations, please see this thread, 7th post: http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/humor...thread-137052/

I would normally give a full reply but ....no one likes nerds. not the IT ones, the science ones.

the idea was that if a digital camera could be powered buy both cell and li-ion batteries then so could a phone, because your output capacity in amps and volts are similar (note: both use a DC current), now remember, cell batteries have a much higher mAh capacity, so they can hold a much higher charge when compared to li-ion, also availability (you can replace buy simply purchasing at any shop ) is unquestionably more efficient/convenient/easy.

but unfortunately due to the higher consumption of your output, you would need a D cell battery, but due to shape, it's a limiting concept.

if you have read all up to here, you have my thanks.
    Last edited by KTW; 08-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here we go...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    seriously....

you find cell batteries in digital cameras, why would it not work in a phone? the reason we do not already see them in phones is simply because the manufacturers (htc, Samsung,Apple, etc ) want to force you to purchase batteries from them-the company, and when your battery is no longer produced, it forces you to buy a new phone.

KTW
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and we go...

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    This is now a meme contest. Jay, yours was good. I LOL when I saw it. But that one from KTW is freaking classic, with or with out the words. 0-1 KTW....so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast