+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Z10-Smartphone... Smartphone News forum

Article: Another Look at RIM's BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Advertisement

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on Android now, but I'm rooting for RIM. Although their software got old, I felt my most "solid" smartphones were my two Blackberry's (Pearl and Curve). They also easily had the best battery life.

My contract is up in May; I'd love to give BlackBerry a solid look. I'm pretty confident the OS and the device will be fine. The bigger question to me is the apps; will they be there?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Could not agree more. RIM built the best quality phones - by a long stretch (starting with the Curve and especially the Bold 9700 -- that was indestructible). Their research aspect when it came to "what makes sense" (mute button on top for example, keyboard obviously) was simply superb. And let's not forget the actual phone part - other than the battery being amazing, it was loud and clear with fantastic reception. Their software always lacked and they didn't put top of the line components - a great example would be the camera and putting <1GB of memory until 2010. I am definitely rooting for RIM to make a comeback. If not anything else, at least as the 3rd major phone contender.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I Remember the Bold 9700 being well put together, only surpassed by the 9900. As for the previous Curve (8310, 8520) models and the Bold 9000 the finishes weren't that great. At least mine weren't. At the time, HTC products and even Nokia had better quality, just to name two.
    The BB10 (judging by the pictures only) seems to be far better than the previous BB phones. They have to be or else...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    My 8310 was pretty solid, and you're right about the 9900.....a device that RIM should've release 4-5 years ago. The Torch was a piece of crap, IMO, and is the device that really soured me on RIM, along with their propensity to release things before they were ready to be released, and their lack of support for developers and themers.

I know they're furiously trying to remedy all those things with BB10 and I'll give them credit for that. We've all complained about this whole thing taking so long to come to fruition, but I think they're really trying to make sure they get it right.

There are lots of people out there, especially the BlackBerry faithful, who are really looking forward to this release. I know they're hoping that with this release they'll be able to stick out their collective tongues at those of us who abandoned ship and say, "we toldja so."

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, I'm anxiously waiting for the BB10. I'd it's as good as what they say then I'll be going back to the BB environment. I still remember how well it all worked.

+ Reply to Thread