+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhutton12

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Android-Vs-iOS... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Android Vs iOS

Advertisement

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Personally for me I came from Rims Blackberry and then I moved to Android htc and then tried another Android phone by Motorola the Razr Maxx. They were all good phones but.....I truly love iOS ! It just works and the fence by Apple I don't mind because I see the benefits of it for me and I'm glad for it. This is my side of the story and I love apple products although they are by no means perfect.
    chokem likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jhutton12 View Post
    Personally for me I came from Rims Blackberry and then I moved to Android htc and then tried another Android phone by Motorola the Razr Maxx. They were all good phones but.....I truly love iOS ! It just works and the fence by Apple I don't mind because I see the benefits of it for me and I'm glad for it. This is my side of the story and I love apple products although they are by no means perfect.
    Hey look everyone! It's Hutton!

A rare sight indeed. Just like his cute baby thing in his avatar.

His avatar was the only thing that was humanly decent in this thread.

I want to pet it.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Wow. No lost love there. All is quite true. I will say my answer for Iphone, battery power. I'm still on the fence between the two. Will wait and see how the Galaxy SIII and Iphone 5 match up.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I use BlackBerry and a very used to having to pull the battery every now and then. My daughter has an Android (HTC) while she was very happy with it when she first got it, it is now running slow and certain Apps which used to run fine are crashing (no she has loaded anything new). My comment was do a reset, (pull out the battery) after all these phones are computers and computers benefit from being restarted, clears the memory resets links etc. Sure enough it worked. So what about IOS do you just keep it up and running all the time, do you see any degradation in performance over time, do you reboot? I know people used to say IOS doesn't get viruses but I maintained that was because there were less of them and the a*****es that write these things either hate Microsoft or want to affect as many people as possible now with Apple popularity so high they have become targetsSo how does IOS compare on those fronts. RIM still is tops on security, how do they compare there, do people care or do they accept it as a fact you have to deal with? Many people do their banking, take and make mobile payments on their phones do they worry about these things being compromised or is it again "it won't happen to me attitude, or "I didn't know it could happen" Maybe it's my age but I am very cautious about what I do over free WiFi, or what I store or use my phone for, how secure my passwords are etc. If I was taken payments with my phone I would want it to have really strong security.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I use an app called Square to take mobile payments. They don't have an app for BlackBerry. Tried to get it when I had my 9900, but they said they had no plan to develop their app for BlackBerry.

Anyway, you can do a reboot of an iPhone that I would say mimics a battery pull. Not just a power-off, power-on kinda thing but a hard reset, or respring, if you will. I haven't had to do one of those in weeks, though. No degradation in speed or anything, running a host of apps. Granted, I shut down the ones I'm not using at the moment, but that would be true on any platform.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Square is a great App, I use it a lot also. It's one of many I've grown to need and would hate to lose.

+ Reply to Thread