+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...t-The-New-iPad... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: And All The Ridiculous Things People Are Saying...

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's amazing that people can write reviews without having something in their hands to review, it like the futures market, buy it, sell it, never own it . I am not an Apple fan, but I have not seen a product produced by them that it is not a solid well built instrument, good to hold, nice to look at, and does what it should do. OK they have their faults, but surely it is important to use the machine for a month before righting a review, but then that would sell papers.
    lak611 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'd like to have it in my hands...for a week. It would be enough.But since I have to buy it to test it, I can't...Unlike these guys and gals that get them for free...in most cases. Others don't, and they may be the ones that want to sell papers.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ The more reviews you do the more likely you are to be noticed to get the gadgets sent you one hopes anyway. All of these big companies don't really want independent reviewers, as the last thing they want is a bad review, so the gadgets tend to get sent to those who are sympathetic to the model.

The only real thing that bugs me about Apple is how difficult it is to move files around if you do not wish to use their software (ICloud, Itunes etc). I just want to take a file I edited using IWork, to the PC so that I can fix it properly with Excel. Not an easy task. With the Playbook I plug in the USB and use explorer, copy file and I am done, or use SugarSync or Box.net or Dropbox, so simple.
    Delfim likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yep. You so right... As you know I do have the iPad (1 and 2). I must be damn dumb , but those same things you find to be "difficult", I do too. iCloud, and up to a point iWork (now redundant) have never been my friends... as much as I try.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My family has both the IPad, the IPad2 and of course the Playbook being used, I think I am the sensible one with the PlayBook, but it all depends how you are using it, my wife is using the IPad2 for documenting movies, loading recipes and building a book of her own recipes, while my daughter uses 2 laptops, the IPad, her Android phone, a Wii, our desktop, and other gadgets to keep her life on track!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I searched through the support forums and found that box.net works with WebDav (dropbox and sugasync don't seem to). So if you want to transfer files from Numbers or any of the other Ipad software you can go to the setup print and transfer, select WebDav, then the URL is
    https://www.box.com/dav. Then insert your username and password and it copies the file to your account. It works! Of course you could also use Icloud.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Dave. I do use Webdav. Its the only viable one for me.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am curious why, if it's available, iCloud would not be used to transfer files. How does it differ from one of the other methods that you guys have talked about here? I am asking out of curiosity, not because I think it needs to be done one way or the other. I am simply curious.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I am curious why, if it's available, iCloud would not be used to transfer files. How does it differ from one of the other methods that you guys have talked about here? I am asking out of curiosity, not because I think it needs to be done one way or the other. I am simply curious.
    I personally did not want to be so tied into Apple, for example I would have to get an App for it to work on the PlayBook properly, my wife has an IPad2 and I have the IPod Classic for music but apart from that I am not keen on using ITunes to control my life. For example to get files off of the IPad without ICloud you need to go through ITunes and set up file sharing. If you use ICloud then you need an Apple ID, which may get confusing based on the way our systems are setup. All I wanted to do was to take a Numbers file off of the IPad, modify it in Excel and send it back. I was able to do this with WebDav.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I personally did not want to be so tied into Apple, for example I would have to get an App for it to work on the PlayBook properly, my wife has an IPad2 and I have the IPod Classic for music but apart from that I am not keen on using ITunes to control my life. For example to get files off of the IPad without ICloud you need to go through ITunes and set up file sharing. If you use ICloud then you need an Apple ID, which may get confusing based on the way our systems are setup. All I wanted to do was to take a Numbers file off of the IPad, modify it in Excel and send it back. I was able to do this with WebDav.
    OK- I get that. Thank you.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well Terio Dave and I are in sync. Dave as a seismologist and me as the earthquake(r)!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ So you make the waves Del, I record them and try and warn people that they are on their way

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...in other words, yes. Or, I light the fire, you put it out.
    Must be a age difference thing.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    True, so you had better treat your elders with respect!!!

+ Reply to Thread