+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Apple’s-iCloud... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: A Look at Apple’s iCloud

Advertisement

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you for this article. It's a great help! Maybe this is an obvious question... sorry for that. However, were can I access iCloud on my PC? I looked for it in iTunes, but did not find it. It's probably "right there" and I am going to be embarrassed when I find out.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Try this link:https://www.icloud.com/If you have the Mobile Me active, just sign in, and it will migrate your account to the iCloud. You'll just have to follow the easy steps shown.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    this is a very good article indeed . I love the icloud business .

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    A good article, but I have several problems with the Cloud (and the problems are not ICloud specific). The cloud technology has been out there for a while, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Live, Google etc. all of which serve their purpose and can be extremely useful if used correctly and not relied upon. What annoys me to an extent is the way that Apple and I am sure others will follow is installing smaller disks in their devices (by today's standards, 5 years ago they would have been considered large), with the intention of people storing their music/pictures/documents in the ether to download as and when required. How much strain is this going to place on the already overused 3G networks, how much cost is it going to add to the cellphone bills, the carriers are already throttling back users, trying to kill the grandfathered unlimited plans, even the cable companies are trying to add limits to data use. So are people going to buy into the ICloud etc, and then down the road suddenly get major shocks on their billing statements. Add to this problems where the network goes down (we saw this with the Blackberry recently), add sun-flares, satellites failing (as one did a couple of weeks ago hitting North America) server maintenance, and just not having 100% control over your data, forget about downloading a file when you are flying! A further issue is the fact that if you want to sync your music on the ICloud Apple has stated that if a song of the same title is already there, that is the one that will be used, what happens if the title you have is incorrect or you have an extended version of the song, are you stuck now with a different version to the original, I have several songs in my collection which were longer on the album than the single, plus others that had words in them which were not considered correct, and had been censored for the radio version and so forth. Things always sound better on paper until you start thinking clearly about the consequences of what is being done. But then I am sure because ICloud is Apple it will be accepted without question as the best idea, even though it has been around for a while Apple didn't invent they just used it correctly. Like Siri, according the press whilst voice control has been available for a number of years it takes Apple to make it acceptable and work properly.

+ Reply to Thread