+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hone-Data-Bill... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: 9 Ways to Cut Your Smartphone Data Bill

Advertisement

Just taking my cue from the title of this article, the best way to limit the cost of a data plan is to not have one. Go with a phone only plan with your carrier and use WiFi for data and it saves alot of money. I don't know if its possible on an iPhone but I've done it on a BlackBerry and a Windows Phone, and I have family members that do it on Android . . . Why pay for internet access twice (home router and data plan)? WiFi is everywhere already and still growing.

It's nice that you can get away with that, Mark.

No such luck on AT&T and Verizon, to name a couple.
    chokem likes this.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd like to do what Mark suggested, but its difficult. I know (at least with T-mobile) you can't buy a smartphone without activating a data plan, and that commits you to 1 or 2 years. I find it ridiculous to be paying close to $200 a month for four of us and we're nowhere close to buying the most expensive voice or data plans. (These new family data plans from VZW and At&t seem horribly overpriced too)
    When contract time comes up next, I'm seriously considering buying an iPod touch and using it with wi-fi for email and data and get a phone that does just voice and texting. I find that most of the time when I'm looking at email/data I'm somewhere I can use wi-fi anyway.

Mark is on TMO. Not sure how he gets away with owning smartphones and not having data plans.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here's something. Download for free My Data Manager for iOS or Android . Not only do you know quite accurately what is eating up your data, but you can control it also to switch off data when data exceeds your stipulated limits. It's a must have.
    RogerG likes this.

I saw that you "liked" that app on Facebook yesterday and downloaded it.

+ Reply to Thread