+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...coming-in-2014... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: 64-bit processors and 4GB of memory coming in 2014

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    64-bit sounds very good to me, and once again I'm curious to know how much of the 4gb of RAM will be used in the OS itself? Once again will we need to rely on our MicroSD's storage for our everyday needs such as our music, video's, and whatnot.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Bit late to the party it seems.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is not big news to me. Ever since Snapdragon debut the the 800 processor with 2.2.Ghz; The next step is 64bit. Come on folks; Intel been wanting this two years ago. and talked about it several times. If Google decides to go that direction now, then Intel could get into business building chips for it.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    sigh, things are faster and faster. only hardcore gamers can use this...as for everyone else...it's an overkill of battery eating impracticality.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So it'll eat batteries and be impractical.
    Do tell specifics.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    64 bit and 8 gigs of RAM then we'll talk. That is the very least of requirements for gaming. Although most gaming rigs won't utilize all those extra gigs they throw on their PC's let alone smartphones. Let's talk boot up time, if you google windows 7 compared to windows 8 there is a big difference almost twice as fast on Operating Softwares alone not to mention all this hardware. We'll wait and see what pans out since now Apple is rolling out their i5S with 64bit ...No the cheap version will still have 32bit processor and it's also A6 processor same as the i5 but i won't into it on this thread ...again .

+ Reply to Thread