+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Originally Posted by Delfim You've got it all wrong Glenn. Of course you can. If ... Smartphone News forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    You've got it all wrong Glenn. Of course you can. If it runs on AAA's...and it comes with a remote too.

you guys are never going to pardon me for that one are you ?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    you guys are never going to pardon me for that one are you ?
    Nooit!
    (That's Afrikaans.)

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    With regards to NFC payments there are lots of things you can't see the point of or believe you would never need when you don't have them. Once you have it though you wonder how you ever did without it. Look at heated seats in cars, seats which have cool air running through them (fantastic in Texas high humidity), backup cameras (why would you ever need that in a normal car? Wait until you have it and see how useful it is).

Life is funny, we align ourselves with a particular item and then get upset if others criticize it as if they are criticizing our child. We are all guilty of this, some become aggressively obnoxious, thankfully no one on this site gets that carried away but it happens whether it is a phone, computer, car, OS, country, political party, it doesn't matter.

We should enjoy what we own and be happy with our choice, provide reasons why we like it to others to allow them to make the best choice for their new item.

Just my opinion.
    RogerG likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dave, that makes sense.
    Dunno if I can do that since it does

Anyway. One thing I'm starting to grow tired of with android is the dock. I'm aware there are alternatives like LMT but I don't want gesture activation.

Going to be looking around to see if I can find something that makes it act and look different. Hate to say it but in some areas there's a bit of staleness creeping into Anndroid.

As for hardware (S3) I have a few issues. I agree with Marks other post in regards to viewing the screen in bright light. As well, after having soft keys I'm missing them, and I'm not a huge fan of this physical home button.

For me, putting it all together makes a very solid device. The S4 has my attention, I'm hoping for a improvement on design not just a spec bump.

Oh, and I still would rather have the plastic over metal. Just a preference I suppose.
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    None of the OS's available satisfy each one of us entirely. And then there's the getting old, getting bored with it syndrome. And that's the exact problems all ecosystems face over time. Ask me.
    I've tired with Android, yes I have. I've gone back to iOS and found it lacking. The BB doesn't offer anything new yet. Windows 8 is even worse.
    But that's us. We are always looking for something that sparkles. For the time being we're content with a new app that changes the use of the smartphone. Or we change the OS to keep our insatiable need to tinker.
    So, everything gets stale after a while. And we then hunger for something new.
    Forget it. It will never happen.
    The lucky users are those that stick with what is sufficient for them. Look at all the iOS users that stick to the system regardless of its shortcomings. Look at our friend, Dave...
    We should all stop buying. Maybe then something really new will pop up to attract is again. What will it be? Glasses? ESP? Holographics?
    Not until then, and it's a long way off still.
    In the meantime, get bored sick and frustrated.
    There's nothing else.
    Ps: I have to change!
    Dave has been right all along.
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I can honestly say if the rumors are true of a 4.8" iPhone, I will have one, even if it's the same old OS. Apple simply missed the mark with their elongation of the 4s, which is why I chose to move on. I don't care how staid and boring the OS may seem.....I had fun jailbreaking and tweaking it, which to me is way easier and less intimidating than rooting an Android.....the UI just worked for me in ways Android doesn't, and offered a comfort level that I can't seem to find (not yet, anyway) with my SIII.

I'm sure my age is a factor in all this.....eyesight is getting worse, requiring a larger screen. Ease of use and functionality has become more important than incessant tweaking, jailbreaking, rooting, romming, what have you. Not to say I won't continue to fuss with whatever device I have, but I seem to have caught on to doing it more so with BlackBerrys and iPhones than I have (yet) with Android. Guess I should go through the rooting process again since it's supposedly easier with a Samsung than it was with HTC, just to see if I'm more comfortable with it, and so I can attempt to be of more assistance to others with 'Droid devices when the situations arise here on PinStack.

Anyway, with age comes (we hope) more wisdom, cause for reflection and the desire to settle into things a little more than when we were younger. I'll always want the latest and greatest device, though, whatever that may be, and you have to wonder how much more these manufacturers can pack into a handheld device to try and wow us with. I, for one, would like to find and stay with the one that continues to successfully innovate and evolve, which at the moment seems to be Samsung. But again, if/when that 4.8 or whatever inch iPhone (or BlackBerry even!) ever comes around, we'll see ya later!
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Ditto!
    Honest above all else. I too admit the simplicity of iOS still attracts me. Give the phone a screen at least 4.5" and I'm off.
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Ya know, I have to wonder if Apple doesn't see the success of the Note II and decide to go a similar route. Nobody thought they'd do the iPad Mini and look what happened. Ya never know!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I hope they do. And soon.

iPhab.

Root Sammy
    1. Download Odin (small file)
    2. Download specific recovery .tar/su
    3. Flash recovery in Odin
    4. Reboot to said recovery (only tricky part)
    5. Flash su
    6. Done.

And where do I find all this stuff, Jay?

Well when I get home I'll uplaod Odin. I'll find the others for you as well
    T-Mobile variant, right?

Yessir. Thanks for the assistance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast