+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Big-on-Photos... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: With 41 Megapixels, the Nokia Lumia 1020 Smartphone Bets Big on Ph

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Atsalotta megapixels.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah. Unless you want to print your photos on the whole bedroom wall I can't imagine why you (really) need it. I'm getting one for a try out.
    By the way, I was palmed a Samsung Grand (6.3") PHAAAAABlet this week so I'll be posting a WHAT I SAY soon.
    As soon as I recover from extended carpels and disjointed finger cartilage.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well we then go back to the pixel size and how much light each pixel actually holds in order to identify the quality of the image, try thinking about the amount of water a bucket compared to a thimble will hold. Obviously the sensor in the phone will not be very big just due to the limitation of the smartphone/camera size. The question then becomes will the 41 MP be significantly better than the lesser number of pixels on the IPhone or Samsung, the reason I say significantly better is because it would have to be to pull someone away from these two phones to the Nokia. Probably the biggest improvement in image quality would be more likely be due to the larger lens on the Nokia. This is the reason why people (or rather professional prefer the FX cameras like the Nikon D800 to the amateur cameras like the D7100), or if you are really wanting quality portrait then you have to pay for the medium format cameras.

In the end the Nokia is overkill, if you want quick photos be happy with what you have on your smartphone, if you want high quality look into SLR's.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I miss Polaroid...

+ Reply to Thread