+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 2 Post By srl7741
  • 1 Post By PapaMag
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-have-in-store... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: 3) BlackBerry - What does 2012 have in store?

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It will be interesting to see what happens. However, I believe the 3rd competitor in the smartphone "Rule of Three" platform race will be Microsoft, not RIM. Microsoft has more chance to bring an ecosystem to Windows Phone than RIM does to bring an ecosystem to BB10, since Microsoft already has Xbox/Office/Skype. Microsoft also has more money to offer to provide incentives to developers than RIM does.
    srl7741 likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Agreed. But I think Windows Phone will still drag its feet regarding market share during this year. People will take to it slowly at first. RIM will still hold out, especially due to their present status outside the USA.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.723 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I have a feeling RIM will get bought out, just not this year.
    srl7741 likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Waiting for the day RIM makes me wanna jump ship. Here's a tip RIM. Use your beloved BBM service and make it globally available for anyone using BBM to video chat. Not just nationally but globally. Sell that as one of the new features and you'll regain some of the people you've lost to crApple and Fandroid devices

PIN/ID
    no more
    Video BBM would not interest me in the least. I do not even use video chatting on my PC. I tried the webcam the first day I got the PC just to see if it worked but have not used it since.
    Laura

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    How about Skype? Could be really handy for a lot of folks in the online teaching field.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I agree w/lak, RIM is so bad off they even missed the "me too" phase long ago. They have made so many poor choices I can't imagine anything but last place till they are forced to give up (sell).

What does 2012 have in store for RIM? More stories just like this one.

Lets just for a moment think about a few other factors? M$ has Windows (billions of users), Android has Google products & services (40 different App stores) etc, Apple has OS X, iTunes (music, movies, books, Apps) etc.

RIM has? Can a mobile company that has no other foot hold anywhere survive? What can RIM do that would convince iOS, Android, Windows users to put down their device and move to RIM? Currently they give away their devices for free to corporate users and they still can't keep people from leaving.

Even if BB10 is a "me too" that latches on to everything the others have and use the Cloud, I have a hard time imagining them gaining.

PapaMag and lak611 like this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I think their thought process in the past gets them far enough into new development to annouce future plans, then for some reason they do not finish or stick with it to make it work before they are off on their next veture. It's almost like they are watching the competion and developing to keep up, but are too far behind for that. By the time they get there Droid and iPhone and others have been there and gone
    lak611 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

Lets just for a moment think about a few other factors? M$ has Windows (billions of users), Android has Google products & services (40 different App stores) etc, Apple has OS X, iTunes (music, movies, books, Apps) etc.

RIM has? Can a mobile company that has no other foot hold anywhere survive? What can RIM do that would convince iOS, Android, Windows users to put down their device and move to RIM? Currently they give away their devices for free to corporate users and they still can't keep people from leaving.

Even if BB10 is a "me too" that latches on to everything the others have and use the Cloud, I have a hard time imagining them gaining.

I agree. The way things are going, it is all about ecosystems being able to connect and provide seamless integration across various devices. Apple, Google and Microsoft are working to provide and enhance those capabilities, so that users can access their data and apps whether they are using a computer/smartphone/tablet/game console.

Meanwhile, there is RIM offering BBM, BlackBerry Music, Blackberry Video on Blackberry devices only. Big fail in this day and age.
    PapaMag likes this.
    Laura

+ Reply to Thread