+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 2 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Communications... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: 21st Century Kids. How They Do It. We´re Talking Communications...

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    It seems the Business Insider could've summarized this as: "in the previous generation, everyone used AIM/IM. In the current, everyone has taken it mobile -- via SMS and social networks like facebook". To me personally, this only seems like natural progression.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yep, but it's also the content that is available.
    I remember (my time) going past book shops with Playboy, The Hustler (Note: In Europe. In the RSA there was a total ban on the stuff, and very serious criminal charges if you had any) on the shelves and just squinting at them in case my old man noticed...
    Now the kids have this on their mobiles. Actually, it's when you (maybe we don't have that right anymore?) look at their browser history and there is none, that you know they´ve been there...

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I was not surprised to see that teens do not read news online. I think that's just teens being teens. I had little interest in news (newspaper, magazine or TV news) when I was a teenager. I had to get a subscription to Time when I was in high school and check out current events. I couldn't wait until the class and the subscription were done.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    In my generation we did something really strange, we got on our bikes, rode to our friends house, met with them and talked face to face. Very strange

With regards to news I watched BBC, I thought they reported the truth, it wasn't till I reached my late teens that I began to understand the bias introduced by the reporter
    lak611 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    We travellrd long distances by bicycle, or walked just to play, to get hurt, scratched, or get into brawls, played soccer with a dozen pair of socks rolled into a ball (my parents could never figure out where I lost all my socks). Today any of these activities will probably land the parents in a negligence case brought on by their own kids. Geez.
    This is sick...
    dushdavj and lak611 like this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Add to that the more scars you had the cooler you were, we played chicken throwing knives as close to your opponents feet as possible without hitting them, I still have one or two scars where my opponents weren't as good at throwing knives as they should have been and I was just downright stupid, the worse one was looking down and seeing a knife implanted in foot, always difficult to explain . Latch key kids 'cos both parents were working was common, in some way it was good because you learnt responsibility early in life, but in other ways it was bad because one wonders how many children survived the ordeal.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Imagine if Facebook was around back then; dush wouldn't have scars on his feet, and delfim would of had plenty of socks for school.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ But then I wouldn't have learnt how to throw a knife cycled all over the SE of England and behave like an idiot
    Last edited by dushdavj; 07-17-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    True.

You are a knife throwing ninja on a bicycle, checking email on your playbook.

True hero.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ LOL. Only in those days I was wielding a slide rule Today my chariot is of a different nature
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    One comment: YOUNG AND RUTHLESS!

+ Reply to Thread