+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...y-Year-For-RIM... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: 2013: Looks Like A Berry Busy Year For RIM

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It would be nice to see that, but I am skeptical at this point. I have a feeling that BB10 will forever remain vaporware, as RIM will be broken up and sold for its patent portfolio.

I hope I am not correct. However, I do not see how RIM will be able to compete with the ecosystems offered by Google, Apple and Microsoft.
    chokem likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We still have to remember they are still number 3 by a long way. So unless they sell they are not going to die in the next 6 months. While I am disgusted that they have again not met their target release date, and I am not looking through rose colored glasses we in North America have to remember that the world is not America and they sell a lot of devices world wide.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    We still have to remember they are still number 3 by a long way. So unless they sell they are not going to die in the next 6 months. While I am disgusted that they have again not met their target release date, and I am not looking through rose colored glasses we in North America have to remember that the world is not America and they sell a lot of devices world wide.
    I know BlackBerry sells much better outside of North America. However, sales are on the decline in Europe too. Will the customers in countries with high BlackBerry market share be able to afford BB10 if it is released? I do not see how a high-end product would sell in countries that buy Curves since those Curves are cheap.

I also recall that BBOS7 would be marketed in those emerging markets, and that BB10 was going to be marketed toward First World markets.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread