+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ack-On-Android... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: This 18 Year-Old Video From A Newspaper Company Dealt A Major Blow

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Whoops!©

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Definitely go to the Bloomberg article it is a really interesting read, of course the comments at the end are pro-Apple or pro-Android, but overall it does provide an insite into the workings of the court and the patent issues. I know that a number of people on here are fed up with Patent wars, however I feel this is particularly interesting rather, particularly the depth of investigation and statements of Apple and Samsung relationship in which Apple has spent $7 Billion dollars with Samsung (screens chips etc). It's amazing to have a business relationship and to scream at each other in court!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I was particularly concerned that this topic is "no-read-anymore-I'm-fed-up-with-this", but having read the Bloomberg editorial I found it informative and, after all this time, a clearer view of the process.
    Especially related to the video, I couldn't help but think of the famous words uttered by Steve Jobs in relation to his "philosophy" that he found it ok to copy, steal etc from artists, poets, scientists et al. It's ironic that having done that, (and the video can be proof of that), he didn't believe or conceded the right that others may steal from him, for the same "philosophical" reasons.
    Obviously, consistency was not a character trait...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    “But in the meantime, these companies have paid their lawyers more than $400 million” over the last several years.

And some of that money (if not all directly or indirectly ) comes from OUR pockets.

Honestly sick of all of this. Favored Visionary or not, Jobs had issues that have adversely affected the tech world. If not for HIS prejudices would the current iPhone not have a larger screen? Removable memory, or at evolved a bit more than it has over it's lifespan?

Yes, even I agree he did a heck of a lot. I'm left wondering if maybe he did as much harm as good?I'm not the only one who finds it hypocritical to wage war on Android while purchasing parts from the #1 android device maker.

I respect the iPhone and iPad as much as Samsung devices. Until Apple ceases the scorched earth policy I will fail to find respect for the company. Now Sammy is not perfect, I know this. However aside from the retaliatory lawsuits (which I detest ) I dontt see Sammy trying to take iPhones away from folks. Maybe I am blind. If so knock some sense into me.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I still remember Apple music reluctantly agreeing to Apple computer setting up, (as long as they didn't get into the music business ), then the years that Beatles music was not sold on ITunes because of the dispute between Apple Music and Apple computers. Yes even the name and Logo was not original. How many people remember Pinapple computers?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread