+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...roid-Beats-iOS... Smartphone News forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Article: 10 Reasons Android Beats iOS

Advertisement

because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Great thread! Hmmmm, why is it so quiet on this thread?(crickets) Where's all the iphone heads?

And really you could add more features that just crush ios. I think I will.

Adobe flash
    Wifi hot spot
    DNLA technology
    Widgets
    Live folders
    Hdmi Out
    Swype keyboard

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The one thing I can say about Hemroid I mean Android phones is that they did great by not locking it to just one carrier. Variety is great and also great for business. Im a firm believer that both iPhones as well as android phones are great on their own. You can basically do the same thing on either of them. Great article but I still think iPhones ain't going nowhere. Thanks to it android phones are what they are now .

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Love my JB i4!!!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Android kicks a$$!!!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Android and ios both ROCK

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    More fuel for the fire getsugatensho. Lets keep this thread burning!

You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Good video, def food for thought. What's the best Android device on AT&T?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    When you root your Android device, you open yourself for all kinds of possibilities.

After you root, you flash a custom recovery image to your phone that gives you the ability to back up your phone to the sd card. Since you can back up, and if you ever run into an issue you can completely wipe your phone from the recovery image, and install the back up. This is an amazing feature since you really dont need a computer to get your device back up and operating. All of this in a matter of minutes.

There is an app called ROM Manager. With this App you can flash different recovery images to your device, and download a handful of custom ROMS right directly to your sd card. I can be virtually anywhere and if I feel like throwing Cyanogen's latest build on my Nexus 1, I can do that.

When I get the ROM on my device, all I have to do is sign into my Gmail account and all my purchased apps can be downloaded to my device in a matter of minutes.

If you happen to have a Android device that doesn't come with a lot of available app space, there is a fix for that. Some Roms have a feature that is called Aps2sd. This means I can partition my Sd card and have the ability to throw all my apps, and run all my apps from my sd card. There is a slight lag sometimes when opening an app, but the the difference is so little you may not notice, and if your the type of person that .0003 seconds matters to you, well then you need help cause you have bigger issues.

There is some devices that offer apps that allow one touch root. This means you can download an app. that will allow you to root your device, without unlocking the bootloader, so if you have any issues with your device you can unroot, and your warranty is still valid. With this app you are able to use custom ROMS. I have a Nexus 1 so if I feel like running stock android I can do that, If I want to run a ROM that uses HTC sense, I can do that too, all depending on my mood for the day.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Good video, def food for thought. What's the best Android device on AT&T?

They have the Sony X10 and the Samsung Captivate, which are both awesome, but there's rumors of them getting a Motorola Droid Terminator/Olympus. The specs are absolutely off the charts for this thing! It's said to be their answer for losing the Iphone exclusivity. I'd wait for this if I was on At&t. Here's some more info on it:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/10/25/...rly-next-year/
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Very interseting. Im not discounting the possibility of leaving iPhone, as a true gadget freak Im looking (I guess as we all are) for the next state of the art cutting edge device. If it appeals to me more than this i4, I'll buy it. That being said, it's going to have to REALLY appeal to me, this i4 is nice, especially with the jailbreak.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ I detect " I'm getting tired of this eye-phone iOS thingy " ... Even jb'd.
    Natural I suppose ... I feel that way just a few days after using it!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Not at all. But I rarely keep a device more than 6 months. LOL, what I really got tired of is RIM putting the same old tired OS in a different package every quarter and calling it "groundbreaking".
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Not at all. But I rarely keep a device more than 6 months. LOL, what I really got tired of is RIM putting the same old tired OS in a different package every quarter and calling it "groundbreaking".
    Absolutely true - - I'm running the leaked version of 6.0 on my 9700 for the last couple of days, and it is occurring to me that nothing about this is really different at all from the older BB OS versions. It's just dressed up in a suit.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Android and ios both ROCK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast