+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...e-In-Star-Wars... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple Patented A 3D Display And Imaging System, Just Like The One

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Does this mean Lucas owes royalties?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The other way round I would presume. But if he didn't register, he better watch out... and for us ? No more fancy holographic on future Star Wars flicks. Or else Apple will sue...
    jfcooley likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well with the new Patent Law you don't have to be the inventor just the first to register, hmm I should have done that.. still I believe it may be difficult to enforce with Prior Art being easily identifiable, plus of course the holograms in the airport in France.. I think Ira Levin (1929-2007) or his family have the original print idea in This Perfect Day (1966) Had some pretty futuristic ideas in it considering the time it was written.

Having said that it will be the ultimate games machine!! Shame that its not original

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Time to start watching some 80's sci-fi movies and start dishing out some patents I guess...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I was reading about this patent on one of the gadget websites and they said Apple have just patented the Xbox Wii. I am starting to wonder where this will end, patents everywhere lawsuits money being thrown down, lawyers getting rich, consumers being hurt, as competition becomes limited prices will go up.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Seriously, tech patent law needs to be looked at and changed. Apple isn't the only one.
    I think patenting ideas is complete bs. Think of the folks that work long and hard to create the holograms for instance, they can't even patent what they invent? If they come up with samething but in a different process they still run the risk of being sued.

This type of patenting hurts innovation. Heck, you'd have to spend a great deal of time researching an idea at the patent office just to see if you can safely develop it without the threat of litigation.

I don't hate Apple, but this is the kind of thing I've been ranting about. Remember, the consumer is the one who ultimately pays for the legal costs.
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I was reading about this patent on one of the gadget websites and they said Apple have just patented the Xbox Wii. I am starting to wonder where this will end, patents everywhere lawsuits money being thrown down, lawyers getting rich, consumers being hurt, as competition becomes limited prices will go up.
    Where are all the gamers to spot my deliberate mistake? ...... Should've said Nintendo Wii!!!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread