+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

To call tge iPad a big iPod a touch is foolish. To say that Samsung(not ... Smartphone News forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

To call tge iPad a big iPod a touch is foolish. To say that Samsung(not Sammy???) Doesnt copy apple is just as foolish.

The charger that comes with the samsung galaxy nexus, guess what, looks just like Apples. Samsung since the first Galaxy phonr have tried to copy Apple and that has atributed to a lot of their sucess.

While i agree to some points with you Jay, sometimes it seems you cant come to terms with that Samsung copy Apple. Plain and simple they do.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good morning BHP. I'm just gonna agree to disagree. Mainly cause I've painting to do and need to get on it.

Besides, there will be more of these to debate.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Good morning. Jay, i guess we will. It puzzles me though that you cant admit that Samsung copys Apple.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I wont on the tab side or icon side.
    I'll take your word for it on the charger. (Even though I don't believe chargers matter much)

To me all tabs looks so much alike I don't see it as any big deal, which leads to my points as to why apple targets Sammy (Samsung ).

I bought the SG because it was (to me) the best Android tablet. I stopped by quite a few stores and played with all the tabs, including the iPad and Touchpad. About the only design feature that caught my eye from the Samsung was how thin it was. The iPad was enticing to a degree, but in the end I just don't like the closed, clausterphopic feeling it gives me.

If Apple loses sales to Samsung (talking tabs) then I firmly believe that looks are not the reason. You've made (perhaps a valid) arguments that phones would be purchased because they're cheaper and folks want iPhone styling on a budget. I can concede that in those instances. However once you get into highend, expensive device range that goes out the window. People who spend $500 don't do so lightly. I won the money for this and I STILL took my time to compare.

That's why I find this whole lawsuit over design aimed as a tactic to lower consumer opinion and Backdoor compete.

The comment on big ole iPod was offhanded and directed at design. You have to admit that if one were to run over an iPod touch with a steamroller you'd have what looks like an iPad. (Cartoon). There's nothing wrong with that, it continues the look of across their line. I just doubt a whole lot of time went to R&D over its design.

I don't see any more copying from Samsung to Apple than Apple has to others. I mean there are digital photo frames (made by Samsung and others) that came before the iPad that look strikingly similar. No biggie, but Apple didn't invent the rectangle. They didn't invent a lot of what they have. They successfully put it together and make it work in a package that appeals to some consumers. Makes no sense to me to fight over glossy shapes. Waste of your money and mine in the long run.

Just my point of view.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12