+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Overclocking is always fun and exciting. I liked doing it to my Android phone, but ... Smartphone News forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Overclocking is always fun and exciting. I liked doing it to my Android phone, but with the much added smoothness it brought, it also took away precious battery life.

I thought the very same way you did about flash when I had my Android phone, I was scared that I would miss it when I acquired my iPhone, but I did not. It wasn't that much of a necessity unless I wanted to view adds, and waste electricity.

Marketing for Apple has always been one of their strength's, but I disagree that a commercial can bring smoothness to an operating system or somehow cloud one's judgement into thinking that a horrible phone is actually a good one.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Who said it was horrible? Thought this was good old fashioned ribbing.

Seriously, the iPhone is an excellent device, just not for me. I have problems with the litigation happy company. Ignoring that, the device doesn't work for me.

I'm picky. I don't mind (actually want to) tinkering with my device. I want to customize, optimize, and achieve that sense of nirvana when all is as I want. I don't want to use iTunes, and I want to update, flash, and go. I want to overclock or under volt/underclock. In a nutshell I want the phone to be all mine. Root once, not time after time.

I loved my Mac, and I always will. I accept and respect the accomplishments Apple has made. It's just not my bag. I also can't stand the patent wars that Apple continues to drag on and on.

I do however reserve the right to (playfully) pick on its fans.

We are ribbing, man. I am in no way fighting for Apple's honor or deeply offended by your heckling with the iPhone fans. I just wanted to pick on you too.

I agree with you on the iTunes. It's horrible. Steve Jobs needs to be charged with crimes against humanity for exposing good people like myself to this monstrosity. I don't mind the trouble of having to re-jailbreak my iPhone cause I like OS updates, and I like knowing that my phone is on the latest build. I sometimes look in the mirror after a Jailbreak, and tell myself what a bad man I am.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I felt the same way after rooting. Just laughed.

I have my issues with android. Well mostly the craptastic sense and touchwiz. Actually looking now at a stock honeycomb build.

I just wonder what the 5 will bring to the table. Dual 1.5, 4.3 inch screen, credit application required?

Vanilla Android in my favorite. I dabbled with Sense and Touchwiz, but saw nothing but an extra layer of code that would bog my device down.

The processor will be appropriate for the device. I hope for a dual 1.5, but thats just the glutton in me wishing out loud. The screen needs to be bigger, If the screen is the same size I may pass, and wait for one of them Galaxy S devices or save myself the heart attacks and go with another Nexus phone.

Credit checks and psyche evaluations or left for the Blackberry people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123