+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By catstide

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ot-An-iPhone-5... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple Always Planned On Making An iPhone 4S, Not An iPhone 5

Advertisement

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Ok,let's be honest here. I was disappointed when i didn't see the "new i5" announced. i have only owned an iphone since it was introduced to Verizon in June. I was excited about getting a bright new shiny Apple device but while i was reading rumors of the "new metal back" and "curved glass" I couldn't help but think,man the design of this i4 is near perfect in my mind. I didn't want to lose the glass back or the metal band surrounding the phone but i was confident that if Apple changed the design,it must be something really slick. After all the dust settles I will be very happy to keep this same design. My new device will be"bright,new and shiny" because I have decided to go white with this one. :-)
    raton likes this.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say that I am not all that fussed about not getting a redesign on the phone either. I love the design of the iPhone 4 and only really care about changes in it's functionality.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I still wonder del. You know what I theorized and with all the rumors that floated around it was shocking there was no 5 as well as 4s.

Anywho, the 4s is still an impressive device, and if I were iPhone inclined I'd be happy with it.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    The rumour mill had me excited to see a new design but business wise, it makes sense to keep the same form. I was assuming it would be a design much like the iPad with an aluminum casing. At least I'm good with my iPhone 4 and I won't feel the need to rush an upgrade.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    "Apple isn’t going to make a new form factor just for the sake of newness itself — they make changes only if the changes make things decidedly better."

Really? So going from a phone with a perfectly functional antenna (3GS) to a phone which couldn't get half the signal and dropped calls when held by someone with "large hands" was "decidedly better"?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    that wasn't a "form factor" flaw. it was corrected in the verizon version and has been further corrected in the new i4s,so it was internal,not form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    "Apple isn’t going to make a new form factor just for the sake of newness itself — they make changes only if the changes make things decidedly better."

Really? So going from a phone with a perfectly functional antenna (3GS) to a phone which couldn't get half the signal and dropped calls when held by someone with "large hands" was "decidedly better"?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

+ Reply to Thread