+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am too, I miss incessant battery pulls, freeze ups and browsers that won't render ... Smartphone News forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

I am too, I miss incessant battery pulls, freeze ups and browsers that won't render web pages. Yuk, yuk, yuk.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Y'all can kiss my butt.

I'm going back to BlackBerry.

Banned ! Butt kissing ? Geez thats low.
    Me, I've taken out my Torch. Actually enjoying it. Done 2 battery pulls in a day, and counting...Couldn't be happier.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Gimme QNX on a 9900 look and they just might win me back.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Gimme QNX on a 9900 look and they just might win me back.
    Ditto.
    And then I'll write about it. Oh wait..., no, can't do. Mark does that.
    Unless...
    I'll offer him a Droid and he can take that up...or a iPhone so he can practice his camera skills...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I switched to the sensation 4g because i was waiting for the monaco and monza and got tired of delays, but I miss the productivity of the BB OS, the main differences here (IMO) is

BB built for getting stuff done, everything in one package. Simple and to the point. it doesnt have updates as much as most people want but there is something to be said about a buisness level phone that started the smartphone craze and is still alive.

Android is open and free it come pretty much like a blank state, so you can customize it to your hearts content but even with buying the best apps the seamless productivity isnt there like with BB as well as security. It has the games apps and features people want and comes in so many flavors since its open source that your always gonna have high end options

iPhone comes locked down and people are in a way held hostage, you cant really customize without jailbreaking which voids your warranty, They censor what is allowed on appstore through arbitrary unknown standards(they allow what they want at the time), they try to lock you down thru DRM with all their media (ecosystem), and they rank below android as far as being productive and below BB with security. They cripple their platform in many ways that their users have just accepted (because of their software restrictions and constantly trying to force people to do what they want, see apple vs adobe) in otherwords this is gonna happen either way so lie there and take it. Theyve shown that they have little respect for their customers ( as recent prominent evidence see iPhone antenna issues, just look at their initial responses)

and On a personal jab from me to apple, saying
    "Good artists copy great artists steal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

when you're the one stealing and then the next minute b*tch*ng that "oh thats not fair! their device looks kinda like ours, they shouldnt be allowed to copy or steal from us" Is acting like a petulant child and the sad thing is so many people refuse to see the moral obdurate behavior displayed by its former ceo or the the companies manufacturing practices.

There! I feel better now seeing as I havent been on pinstack in quite a while. All you apple iCultists can say what you like to me, I havent said one thing that wasnt true, I, unlike apple believe whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    +1

PIN/ID
    Apple
    :rolleyes:

That's why they make different devices.

You two obviously have personal issues with Apple.
    Last edited by BHP77; 09-05-2011 at 10:22 AM.

And that's it huh? WE have issues because we don't believe they're "the best".

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    And that's it huh? WE have issues because we don't believe they're "the best".

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Were did I say that???

How many other companies do you not use based on your grounds why you choose not to use a apple product? Do you boycott BP and Exxon also?

It's not the product that YOU have a issue with its the Company.

Whats up Remy, I was wondering when you come in. Where have you been?

Sorry, I typed that in a hurry and it came out wrong.......

So hard to type while panhandling. At least my cardboard sign is spelled correctly, I used a free app.

Whew....

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hate 'em, love 'em, whatever. Apple makes fine products and will continue to be the industry leader until someone else dethrones them.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Sorry, I typed that in a hurry and it came out wrong.......

So hard to type while panhandling. At least my cardboard sign is spelled correctly, I used a free app.

Whew....
    , just

You're taking things personal. Lighten up. Nothing I said about poorer people choosing Android has been directed towards you, unless it was a response to something you had said.

There are plenty I know that choose them and are far from poor, or middle.

Perhaps you shouldn't have used "lower class". I'd imagine you're right though, most unemployed workers right now would choose a free or cheaper phone, so they may feed their families instead of their egos.

I'll do a poll next month when we host the homeless at church. They usually have some sound opinions. Shame no one listens to them.

While you may not have meant anything by it (and I'll do my best to accept that) it came off as condescending , arrogant, and demeaning. Regardless of how strongly anyone feels about a device, looking down on people who cannot afford it is elitist and doesn't help an argument....er debate :-)

I feel strongly about "lower class", and those that use the term in any way other than in a constructive way. I haven't worked in almost a year, and I'm not alone. Despite joining the ministry, having 2 high end devices, I AM lower class.

So you didn't know, and meant nothing by it.....OK. Take this as a small lesson on careful wording then. I took a breather so I could get to this point.

However, God in his infinite wisdom blessed me with a biting tongue, and I would be remiss if I didn't honor that gift by not using it once in awhile. :-)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Glad you got all that off your chest, Remy.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Glad you got all that off your chest, Remy.
    Ya its like holding my breathe for a long period of time lol I felt like a rant would relieve it lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Were did I say that???

How many other companies do you not use based on your grounds why you choose not to use a apple product? Do you boycott BP and Exxon also?

It's not the product that YOU have a issue with its the Company.

Whats up Remy, I was wondering when you come in. Where have you been?
    Started with a new company so things have been hectic with the move and also still trying to get used to the new HTC Sensation 4G that I picked up. Ive gotten so proficient with the blackberry that Im having a bit of a learning curve recently. Nice to see that most things hadnt changed around here, in an ever changing world where everything isnt what it seems, its nice to come back to some solidarity even if it is the same ol opposing viewpoints. lol
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast