+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks JF. I hope you and I can still be friends, like Del and I ... Smartphone News forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Thanks JF. I hope you and I can still be friends, like Del and I are (?), even though we have philosophical difference concerning smartphones.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    In the end they're phones, we're people. Honestly, sometimes I enjoy it. Don't ever see it being a problem.
    You're chokem to me, not iChokem :-)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    ... like Del and I are (?)
    Hey ? Really !

PIN/ID
    nada
    You know we are Del. Just joshin' you a little.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Ok. I feel better now.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I also agree with with BH77 on this one ! Sorry my portuguese friend (delfim) on this one. Lol. Chokem, should you change your name to iChokem I would think you're still brilliant as a person and as a smartphone aficionado alol.

PIN/ID
    nada
    IChokem it is then. Do i get an ishare in the iprofits?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats on the 10K, G!

It's funny.....it wasn't that long ago that the argument here was BlackBerry vs. Apple. How times have changed. Now BlackBerry is barely in the conversation.

PIN/ID
    nada
    This is sad but true, thanks Rog.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

cornelius no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2035BC65
    It not fair to compare Android (software) to Apple. They approach market at two completely different angles. There are over 50 different companies that make Android phone (we can't leave out smaller companies , usually in china). Only one company make Iphone. Apple sell more phone than HTC or any individual android maker. If the Apple strictly made the Iphone software base, then it would be worth comparing the two.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelius View Post
    It not fair to compare Android (software) to Apple. They approach market at two completely different angles. There are over 50 different companies that make Android phone (we can't leave out smaller companies , usually in china). Only one company make Iphone. Apple sell more phone than HTC or any individual android maker. If the Apple strictly made the Iphone software base, then it would be worth comparing the two.

That's what the artical is comparing, OS vs OS on the smartphone side. Google has the market share there's no doubt about it. But at what cost?? Motorola mobility are the ones that brought Androind on the map. They marketed as much as they could and made deals that probably lead to them being bought by Google. Samsung seem to be doing ok, but as a manufacturer they aren't making a dent in iPhone sales.

When comparing OS vs OS we need to look at the whole picture. All iOS devices vs all android devices. The numbers are staggering, Apple has such a lead it's not worth posting. Google I think could give a rats rear about how well it's manufactures are faring, there's going to be someone who wants to take the free ride. People forget Googles business when they talk about Android. It's advertising, that's it, that's how they make money. They don't make it off android,gmail,google docs,books, music or anything else. It's all about advertisement. All these are tools for their business.

To me I would be worried about this if I were a manufaturer. They're the ones losing here,not google. They don't look at these numbers and say, hey WEhave the biggest market share. No, they look at the numbers of how many devices did they sell(no matter the OS) vs everyone else.

That's why Samsung have repeatedly copied Apple from The OS look to the packaging to now the new Note commercial playing piano in the background. They see what is working and are doing everything they can to copy it to stay ahead of not Apple but other Android manufaturers.
    Last edited by BHP77; 09-03-2011 at 12:20 AM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    But his is like comparing the Apple computer to the PC yes it was DOS against the Apple IOS, but Apple did not stand a chance as there were so many PC's This time the Iphone had a lead, and a stronger following, they are doing extremely well when you think there was only a single phone on a single carrier for a long time. So i don't think this is a fair comparison. Again statistics being used incorrectly
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well everyone must understand that Android is still a work in progress, yet still putting up huge numbers. I don't blame you for doubting the figures above because Android's growth has been unreal. But it is real. You need only look at the victims of this growth. The once mighty Nokia ruled for years now all but dead. Palm? Dead! Microsoft? Dead, but Mango might resurrect them. I doubt it. RIM? A wounded fighter on the ropes. And Apple continues to stay afloat because of a solid fan base and popular brand name.

Make no mistake, the Android effect has touched all of them! And as Google continues to press the issue with power moves like the acquisition of Motorola, the Nexus Prime, and Ice Cream Sandwich, the numbers will continue to skyrocket. For me Android easily is the best option available. Things like open, choice, and freedom appeal to my life as a whole not just with operating systems.
    Last edited by rdills; 09-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The MAN has spoken. Especially the last phrase.
    Hear, Hear.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Y'all can kiss my butt.

I'm going back to BlackBerry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast