+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-to-Steve-Jobs... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: A Tribute to Steve Jobs

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its so easy to get wrapped up in businesses and forget that people run them. I found it was easy to vilify Steve Jobs, not liking lawsuits, etc, etc, etc.

But thanks to some posts here, I took a step back and tried very hard to put myself in his shoes.

He's done a tremendous amount of good just in the technology sector. We have to respect his drive and vision even when we don't like his methods. Men like Steve Jobs went out on many a limb when home computers were just science fiction. His determination though has led us to this very point in time. As I type this I do so on a tablet that is thin, lightweight, and all I have to do is touch the screen. I know that 30+ years ago when I touched my very first computer (Apple IIe) that I wouldn't have dreamed such a thing.

We also forget that powerful, influential men and women are living breathing creatures just like ourselves. We disagree and rant and rave, making them less and less human within our minds. We do this to the point where the person becomes the company, which lacks emotions, soul, the essence of what it is to be human. Doing this does a disservice to ourselves as much as the person we do it to.

Mr. Jobs, although you will never read this, I thank you. I thank you for your vision, drive, and determination. You, your family, and your friends will be in our prayers. Thank you for introducing me to computing, and challenging us to "Think Different".

May God bless you, bring you strength, comfort, and peace.

Last edited by jfcooley; 08-25-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Pinstack echo...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well said Jay.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well said, Jay.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Doh! Great minds think (and post) alike!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Steve Jobs should get to know us...

I'd have coffee with him. :-)
    Maybe an apple Danish or two.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    A great article Del, as it tells it like it is, don't ask us what we want, tell us! This I think is truly what made Apple successful in the recent years, and an excellent reply by Jay to which I fully agree, much as I dislike some of Steve Jobs' business ethics I am sure these ethics are no different from any other successful industry leader. For me there is one thing that Steve Jobs created which truly made a difference in my life and that is the IPod. You can talk of the IPhone and how it changed the industry (well I believe RIM with the Blackberry was the game changer as far as phones were concerned providing the capability to send and receive e-mails). The IPad well others had made them in the past, Steve just created something that people wanted to use, and marketed it as such, many have copied this, but it is selling a product that we could do without (I know using one you don't think so but truly you can! ). The IPhone changed the GUI, and gave the consumer something to play with, destroyed boredom, but again it was something that could be lived without, or at least a lot of the Apps on it can be.
    The IPod though, now this is a different ball game. All the records, all the cassettes, all the CD's and all the 8 Tracks which we had to carry, or would leave in the house and never have time to listen to, were suddenly available on a small pocket-able machine (WOW). I could take my music with me on the bus, in the car, on the plane, on the train. It wasn't a Walkman which needed additional items to be carried. But he included with it ITunes which allowed me to store everything on my computer, and even buy single songs without going to the record store, my life changed, for the better. 10,000 songs and building. Of course without the disk technology improvements this would not have been possible, but still Steve Jobs bought out this innovation. So for that I truly thank him, and will forever thank the company he formed.

I pray that Steve Jobs has the strength to fight his disease and the family and friends around him to support him through the difficult times ahead.

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    I'm not a fan of Apple and their ways but I would not wish bad feelings on an ill man (unless it was Hitler or some other big bad). Have fun Steve in where ever you go to have a rest.

+ Reply to Thread