+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Can-It-Hack-It... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Article: A Cold Analysis: the iPhone 4S, Can It Hack It?

    Advertisement




  2. #2
    jhutton12's Avatar
    jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Posts
    469
    Wow ! What a let down ):

  3. #3
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    The iPhone owners should be really upset about this fail! 16 months and this is all you get? So now what, wait another year?! Now is not the time to be blind fans and make excuses for Apple. It's inexcusable.

  4. #4
    bmay82's Avatar
    bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    I don't think the i4S is all that bad....I mean the i4 is my favorite phone to date, so same exterior and way better interior is just fine with me. I don't know if i'm ready for an exterior change yet lol.

  5. #5
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    Silly betadroids...

    You are all assuming that the whole world wants what Android has to offer. I dont. All I wanted was a bigger screen. Sure I can get an Android and have a bigger screen, but everything else would lack. Apps would suck, battery life would be bring fits of sorrow, apps stealing my identity, would I get a timely update or will I have to use a hacked version and root my phone?, will I have to buy a new phone to get an update?

    You see, I agree with you all about how cool Android is with the latest processor inside but what good is it when last years iPhone is still a better gaming device with better games and better graphics? I know you will say "I dont play games on my phone. I do cooler things like run benchmark tests, and flash kernels to get my phone to run right" With all that "better tech in Android phones" what does it actually do thats so great besides take away the lag? I know I know it's open and open is cool and freedom of cheap er choice is so much better then the iPhone.

    I was disappointed yesterday, but I have been disappointed with Android releases also but not enought people know about every Android phone to care. For me the iPhone is the better phone. Will I upgrade to the 4S? I dont know, I dont have an upgrade till April but I will check it out in the store.. I was thinking of selling my iphone so I can buy 4 Android phones so I can appear to have god like tech status when Im walking around the grocery store.

    Flame me and abuse me. Call me a sheep or that I look to my phone for status. It's ok I can take it.

  6. #6
    bmay82's Avatar
    bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    ^^^I'm with Capdot all the way...

  7. #7
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I'm warning everyone now that I don't want this thread to turn into something ugly, as it has in the past.

    We all have our opinions and preferences and there's nothing wrong with some good-natured ribbing. Just remember that emotions can't be read in a forum like this, so while what you're posting may be intended as being light-hearted, it might not be taken as such.

    Anyway, it seems like it was just yesterday that the debate was about BlackBerry vs. Apple. Now BlackBerry is barely in the picture.

    Carry on.....

  8. #8
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Capdot, I don't want to call you anything... but take it from me, I don't need to appear god like when I walk around the grocery store. I've had no problems with updates. Maybe because my phones, even my wife's iPhone, is not locked to any service.
    And I can carry on, and on. With the same arguments.
    But the FACTUAL reasons are there for all to see.
    The real answer is to know what you're happy with.
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-05-2011 at 03:33 PM.

  9. #9
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Silly betadroids...

    You are all assuming that the whole world wants what Android has to offer. I dont. All I wanted was a bigger screen. Sure I can get an Android and have a bigger screen, but everything else would lack. Apps would suck, battery life would be bring fits of sorrow, apps stealing my identity, would I get a timely update or will I have to use a hacked version and root my phone?, will I have to buy a new phone to get an update?

    You see, I agree with you all about how cool Android is with the latest processor inside but what good is it when last years iPhone is still a better gaming device with better games and better graphics? I know you will say "I dont play games on my phone. I do cooler things like run benchmark tests, and flash kernels to get my phone to run right" With all that "better tech in Android phones" what does it actually do thats so great besides take away the lag? I know I know it's open and open is cool and freedom of cheap er choice is so much better then the iPhone.

    I was disappointed yesterday, but I have been disappointed with Android releases also but not enought people know about every Android phone to care. For me the iPhone is the better phone. Will I upgrade to the 4S? I dont know, I dont have an upgrade till April but I will check it out in the store.. I was thinking of selling my iphone so I can buy 4 Android phones so I can appear to have god like tech status when Im walking around the grocery store.

    Flame me and abuse me. Call me a sheep or that I look to my phone for status. It's ok I can take it.

    Nobody's gonna flame you Cap. Lol. All apple fans have a right to vent their frustrations today. The thought of looking at that same 3.5 inch screen, for another year +, is enough to go mad. Not to mention apple scrambles desperately to COPY features from the OS you call beta. It's rather pathetic. Like Del said, the facts are right there for all to see. Don't worry Cap, when you're ready for innovation, there will be an Android super beast waiting for you.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

  10. #10
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    The real answer is to know what you're happy with.
    Exactly. We all know what we like so it's really pointless to argue about which is the better platform.

    As someone reminded me earlier, these are PHONES, people! Not matters of life and death.

  11. #11
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Exactly. We all know what we like so it's really pointless to argue about which is the better platform.

    As someone reminded me earlier, these are PHONES, people! Not matters of life and death.
    Geez Roger, just when things start to get exciting, you have to be a diplomat...

  12. #12
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    Aww I was hoping for some flaming lol...

    Del said "the factual reasons are there" I agree. the specs are better in Android Phones, but tell me what those specs give you beside bragging rights? 1.5ghz processor that pushes Android around smoother than ever before. rdills would say that this is innovative, but we've seen fast processors before so what's so innovative? Is it because it's the first time in a phone? A OS that is sluggish and needs a faster processor so that the user experience is better? Damn. You say innovative I say a necessity for Android.



    Apples philosophy with marrying the software to the hardware has proven you can have great performance without the need for battery sucking processors. It's proven, it's sold and with a user friendly experience it has brought more people to the smartphone world than ever. Android approach is tickle the tech heads with faster processors that we really need for a better experience and make them cheap to appeal to the masses.


    So what's the big difference?


    Apple is a company that makes products so users can use to make life a little better. They focus on user experience and that is what's important to them. Google is an ad company that shoves ads in our face to make money. Google is brilliant in what they did with android. They created an ad generating OS to push ads in everyone's face so they can make a profit while you email and play angry birds. While I was using Android I didn't feel like their end user I felt like the product and that their customer were businesses that shoved their crap in my face everyday.
    Last edited by Capdot; 10-05-2011 at 05:23 PM.

  13. #13
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Aww I was hoping for some flaming.
    Heck Cap, not with another iPhone fanboy on PS. I mean, he's the boss. Can't argue with him. And then he'll get all his cronies to gang up on us too. It's like an Empire. Lords, Earls and now Bosses..
    The proletariat has no chance.

  14. #14
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I haven't had a 'Droid device (yet) so I can't comment on that.

    I don't mind the good-natured ribbing, but we don't do flaming here.

  15. #15
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Oh, and I really hate the word "fanboy."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •