+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hear you there... But that's why our good friend Jay Saurik made Cydia. Jailbreaking ... Smartphone News forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

I hear you there... But that's why our good friend Jay Saurik made Cydia. Jailbreaking is a must with an iPhone (in my opinion, of course).

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I wouldn't know, but I've heard it's a helluva lot easier to jailbreak an iPhone that it is to root a 'Droid.

I'm an iPhone newbie and it took me but a couple of minutes to do a jailbreak.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    You are one of the funniest Chokem! (Where do you even find these things! hahaha)

But I'm glad things are all out on the table. We are all friends but we have to take sides when it comes to the best os out. We'll probably never agree.
    Some of my friends believe BlackBerry os 6 is the best and that is absolutely a joke to me... But I don't want to start a new argument.
    But I do believe that iOS 5 has moved Apple head and shoulders above the competition. It won't be officially in our hands until the Fall but the cards are on the table. I'm sure by Christmas Android will copy all of the things from iOS 5 and try to add something else.
    The beat goes on...
    It really is no different than the Windows/OS X/Linux debates, or the Firefox/Chrome/IE/Safari/Opera browser wars.

--Sent using Firefox 4 via openSUSE 11.4
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    The whole reason I chose my HTC over an iPhone was because I hated how limited I was to the iPhone in terms of usability and customization. Its the same square icons and the same "swipe left and right" to navigate. Same "slide to unlock" lock screen. If Apple will finally be more open to enhancing their UI, then I'd finally start considering it as an everyday usable device.
    iOS 5 is going to be a major improvement in those areas. You can have variety now, if you jailbreak. My current homescreen, complete with 5 drop down menus and antimated screen-

​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I hear you there... But that's why our good friend Jay Saurik made Cydia. Jailbreaking is a must with an iPhone (in my opinion, of course).
    Absolutely. You are using an iPhone at only half it's potential if it's not jailbroken.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...granted Chokem, but I just can´t understand why Apple (or HTC, Samsung, Google or whoever) make products and OS´s to be used at 50%. I have both my i4 and HTC jailbroken and rooted respectively, and if not for some (very few) freebies, I don´t see the "grand" benefit to be had from these. From the base, a smartphone should answer to all needs from the word go. This is philosophy, apparently, but obviously not so, considering the price we have to pay for a half baked product.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...granted Chokem, but I just can´t understand why Apple (or HTC, Samsung, Google or whoever) make products and OS´s to be used at 50%. I have both my i4 and HTC jailbroken and rooted respectively, and if not for some (very few) freebies, I don´t see the "grand" benefit to be had from these. From the base, a smartphone should answer to all needs from the word go. This is philosophy, apparently, but obviously not so, considering the price we have to pay for a half baked product.
    You're right. This is precisely why I think Apple Inc has incorporated some of the "jailbreak" tweaks in their new iOS. I do believe that slowly but surely they are seeing the light.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Because they want us to come back for more.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^exactly. So there goes my philosophy lesson for the day Ooooomph !

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's their philosophy and not exactly what we want, but it's a great business model.

You ever ask yourself if rooting or jailbreaking your device makes you anymore of a productive person? While it was invigorating for me, it didn't yield much of a productivity improvement.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I stated that, in other words, on the previous post: no benefit really, for me, that is. All the hoopla and then I feel like, is it worth the hassle ? Must be me.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's the same with OS updates on BlackBerrys. We salivate in anticipation of the next leak, and then when it finally arrives, we're already waiting for the next one.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree 100% that jailbreaking does not improve the core apps, but to me the customization capabilities as well as some of the tweaks make it a worthwhile venture.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I probably would be more productive on a jailbroken iPhone or rooted Android. I prefer a clean desktop. I do not like the stock BlackBerry themes, since they are too busy. I also like a clean desktop on my PC. This is my Linux desktop.

If my desktop is too busy and cluttered, whether on a mobile device or on a PC, I find it harder to locate what I need.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^ Yep! The cleaner the better!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast