+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...oday.-Wheeww-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: 6 Ways Apple Copied Android - Last Instalment for today !

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Who cares! Apple rules

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Who cares! Apple rules
    Tell 'em smooth. I wonder how many times Apple has been copied since the release of the first iPhone?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Everyone is right in saying that Apple copied Android with some of their new features. I also believe there are only so many ways to try to implement something new on a cell phone. ultimately, Apple will pull it off and do it better.

This is coming from someone who loves Android but is pleased with his iPhone.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This is getting funny and showing that since it's inception, Pinstack has been a community of Apple haters.

Del, get your facts right, the split keyboard is on the iPad. Not the iPhone.

I think some ones a little hurt that the worlds most popular mobile OS took some ideas from Android. Get over it.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    What's with all this hostility? ^^^ so he made a mistake damn, people have their own opinions on everything. Like he's said many times before he uses both platforms... so he prefers one over the other, big deal. At least he's not coming in and blindly bashing Apple like a lot of the iUsers bash on Android.

Delfim is awesome and I greatly respect his work here. You tend to take things personal and beyond the bounds of spirited rivalry when you lash out and make generalizations about the whole community as being "Apple haters".

Take a deep breath and realize that not everyone is going to like what you like and it's ok when people's opinion is different from yours.

Double post.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Firstly, sorry for my small blunder guys, and thanks for the kind words. I must add though, that the article is about an OS, and not so much about a hardware ...
    As for BHP he lives and works in a fuel charged world, and the high octane environment around him fans his passions...and I understand and can relate to that.
    Pinstack is for discerning readers and forum participation. All opinions, for and against, are what makes PS a great site to follow, to read, to consult and especially participate.
    I don't want to discriminate against anything or anyone. Or personalize.
    Except with the few buddies on PS that can read between the lines, and in the end, leave in good spirits...
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-08-2011 at 03:23 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Bad day yesterday folks, as I'm not one to edit post to delete anything except grammatical errors. I leave my rude and hostile comments there as a reminder to myself.

iOS 5 is a decent jump in what you get vs iOS 4. Yes, Apple has copied some of Androids ideas, and I'm glad they did. Notifications, there are only so many ways that you can up with dealing with this. Androids had it right from the start. The pull down shade is and probably will be for some time the best way to view what you have missed or have coming up. I have paid for and used just about every Jailbreak app that's out there to get around the stock system. Right now, Apple has the lead with LockInfo a close second because it has a few more features.

Wireless Sync, need we say more.

Keyboards, I used swype when i was using Android because the stock ones just plain were junk. The nice thing is that yes, you do have the option to change to what suits you. That being said, I haven't run across a touchscreen keyboard that is better than Apples on a phone. On tablets it's another story and the split keyboard will be a welcome to some.

Tabbed Browsing, This still isn't in the iPhone version, Gestures are back but I haven't had time to get to that part yet to see if they are in Safari.

OTA updates, again, Apple has created the post PC world as they call it, this is about time. It being a Delta is great though, I hope that since it is a delta upgrade it will allow us to download and install at a latter time. This would be a big plus for people on the go, this way if you decide to update your iPhone then have a emergency your phones not stuck in install mode. Being a Delta this should be pretty fast. They need to do this in xCode.

Apologies again to the community

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Eh, things are bound to get a little heated once in awhile, but the one thing that's kept me here at PinStack is the ability to bounce back and keep things from getting out of hand, unlike many of the other communities out there.

Well done, fellas.

As some of us older folks will tell you, old habits die hard. I was a BlackBerry user for going on 10 years and just two weeks ago finally took the plunge and got myself an iPhone......mostly because I got tired of waiting for RIM to get it right. I thought they were headed in the right direction when the 9700 came out and the Torch was pretty cool, but I had to go through 4 of 'em to finally get one that worked satisfactorily. So, I'm off RIM for now.

I'm still getting used to the whole iPhone experience, but I am liking what I see so far. Don't have any experience with 'Droid, but I have to say that why shouldn't device manufacturers steal ideas from their counterparts? If you see that people like something on another platform, why not try to incorporate something similar on your own? We're all searching for the ultimate smartphone experience, so to me, this just makes sense. There are plenty of things I loved about my BlackBerry that I can't do on my iPhone. So it really is pretty wise for manufacturers to take the best of all worlds and try to bring it to their devices.

Sadly, there will probably never be an "ultimate" device, but I'm certainly willing to let them keep trying!

PIN/ID
    Nope!

Question

^^^ and that Rog, is what keeps us all going. And not only with smartphones.
    Well said.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    You are one of the funniest Chokem! (Where do you even find these things! hahaha)

But I'm glad things are all out on the table. We are all friends but we have to take sides when it comes to the best os out. We'll probably never agree.
    Some of my friends believe BlackBerry os 6 is the best and that is absolutely a joke to me... But I don't want to start a new argument.
    But I do believe that iOS 5 has moved Apple head and shoulders above the competition. It won't be officially in our hands until the Fall but the cards are on the table. I'm sure by Christmas Android will copy all of the things from iOS 5 and try to add something else.
    The beat goes on...

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    The whole reason I chose my HTC over an iPhone was because I hated how limited I was to the iPhone in terms of usability and customization. Its the same square icons and the same "swipe left and right" to navigate. Same "slide to unlock" lock screen. If Apple will finally be more open to enhancing their UI, then I'd finally start considering it as an everyday usable device.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast