Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been looking high and low trying to find a theme that fits what I'm ... 8520 Themes forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question *Request* 8530 Theme w/ Mini Icons

Advertisement

I've been looking high and low trying to find a theme that fits what I'm looking for, but have had very little luck and a lot of frustration. So I'm hoping one of the good hearted themers here might have one or make me one, if its not too much to ask.

I'm not sure what all the features are called, what themes are capable of etc., so please bear with me as I only know what I have seen on other themes and like/dislike.

Banner - I like the basic banner with sound profiles, battery, time etc (even better when these things are clickable shortcuts). I really like the battery that shows an actual percentage too, but don't see it often and therefore can live without it. I don't like when I have to search for the time because its too small or located someplace kind of odd/hard to find. I don't have the best eyes so thats important.

Dock/Icons - I like the hidden dock with mini icons and the more the merrier! As far as where its located or how it works, I don't much care if its top, bottom or side (as long as it's not "L" shaped) and I don't care if it scrolls or not as long as I can hide it when I don't need it and the highlight (when hovering over an icon) is easy to see as well as their labels. I also like to the extra spot for weather and previews of my Calendar/Messages, but don't want a font so large that it won't fit on my screen or some weird color LOL. My eyes are bad, but I'm not blind LOL!!

Wallpaper - I like to change my wallpapers quite often too because quite frankly, I just get tired of looking at the same thing day in and day out. So something wallpaper friendly would be great! And I don't know how background colors are controlled, but I use my menus a lot as well as IM's and I don't like when the background is so dark, I can't see what I am typing (the death of many themes so far).

Lastly, I would like something somewhat girly to match my smokey violet (real light purple) Curve and nothing that is going to cause a lot of lag or drain my battery (if that even applies here).

I hope this isn't too much to ask, again, I don't know much about themes, how they can be customized etc. So I'm pretty much wishing on a star at this point LOL!

My device specs are...
    Curve 8530 - Smokey Violet
    OS 5.0.0.886 (Bundle 1493, Platform 4.2.0.397)

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies or is willing to take on this request... I really appreciate it!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    What you are asking is a reality. Here is the issues that I would be. Rotating your wallpapers is understandable, but you mush understand that once the icon color and font are chosen how easy they are seen on your screen is up to your choice of walls. I have been building themes for 5 years or so and believe that I could be of service. I usually don't do requests, and when I do there is usually a fee, but in your case I may make an exception, however I need guidelines.

1. What colors of font do you like? Simple or fancy?
    2. I can do hidden mini icons as many as you like, and stay away from the L shape
    3. I can also do a hidden today with several slots as well
    4. As far a girly are you referring to the colors or a style of girly theme?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thanks for the reply PapaMag!

OMG, if you could help me out you would be my favoritest person in the world LOL!! This task has had me to my wits end. I even looked into seeing what it would take to make it myself, and well... yeah, that didn't go too well hahahah

To answer your questions...

1. I'm not too picky as far as font as long as its easy to read, nothing to fancy. As far as colors, I was thinking something along the lines of pink, purple or white, but nothing too light. I'm usually pretty good about using wallpapers that work around whatever color text.

2. I love the mini icons... theme I have been using has 11 with a hidden weather slot, but I got tired of it after a year. One I have now has the same, but there are no labels (when icon is hovered over), so a few of my apps (weather, sports score, usage etc) are somewhat useless in that respect. I haven't actually used the "L" shape, but I like a nice clean home screen (why I like to hide the dock) and it seems like it would block out my wallpaper.

3. Theme newbie... I don't really know what you mean by a "hidden today with several slots"... Is that the Calendar/Message previews?

4. I was referring to both I guess... I'm still not sure what is meant by "Style" of theme though. I was more so meaning colors, icons and things like that. But again, I'm new to the whole theme scene as I only changed and kept two in the last year, the second of which I've only been using a week or so.

My apologies for not knowing a lot of what "makes up" a theme... but I am trying to learn LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The mini icon hidden dock is no issue, as far as the app name appearing that is no issue either although it will fade away after you are on the app for a second or two.
    Yes I was referring to the calendar, messages, missed calls and such with the hidden today. Will only appear if you are on one of those apps. I have a theme development program that I offer. There is one I posted on here that has been updated and posted on my site, but I do not want to pull yo away from the Stack. If you are really interested I will give you the link to my site.

No need to apologize, I have been making themes for 5 years now and have been down alot of roads with theme requests. Let's see just what I can come up with. Send me a PM if you want to exchange pin's for easier communication or if not I will pm you with the theme for you to comment and make suggestions on as we go

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thats okay, I'm used to the labels fading after a couple of seconds anyway. This new theme I have with none at all just doesn't cut it.

Yes, the Hidden Today is a feature I absolutely LOVE!! But it seems like the themes I have found that have this feature, don't have the others. So its like you have to sacrifice one for the other and it kind of sucks

Also, were you referring to the site in your signature? If so, I will most definitely check it out as I like having a variety of sites to choose from when it comes to downloads, forums etc.

Anyway.. I have to run for now, but I will try to think and PM you a little later.

Thanks a BUNCH in advance. You have already saved my sanity!! LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I am putting a QuickTime together just so you can get the feel on the hidden dock and the hidden today we can go from there

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

OK, sounds great!

I Keep having to go back and forth to BB forums trying to get my SD Card/Device Memory issues resolved, so I should be around.

Thanks again!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I should be able to kick you out a version for you to look at tomorrow if I can decide on which icon pack I want to use lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Wow, that is pretty fast! I would attempt to make a suggestion, but I don't know the first thing about icon packs. Oh wait, they're little pictures... well there's the extent of my knowledge LOL!!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I'm stuck between a hot pick custom set I colored that's stock precision, 6.0 precision icons for the style and pearl, or the new 6.1 sets I have been playing with. Guess you'll find out tomorrow lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I have noticed there seem to be a lot of themes with OS 6 icons, but I haven't the first clue what they look like. I just assumed that since I have OS 5 that I couldn't use them. Guess that shows how much I know ;-) LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well here is one for you to test drive, I kicked it out pretty quick so don't be too harsh. I think it has the features you like, kick some feedback and we'll work with it

Pink Silhouette HERE

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Wow that was fast!

Looks good so far, so I will download it and take it for a test drive now

Thanks a bunch!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    your welcome, I'm not real crazy about it made the walls in photo shop and I still couldn't make up my mind on the icon set and settled with this one, but it's a start

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Hahaha I'm such an idiot! LOL! It took me this whole time just to figure out how to hide the dock. *slaps self in forehead*

So far I like it The only one thing I see is when hovering over an icon on the home screen, the highlight color is difficult to see and when I open the app screen, only about half of the icons have a highlight color when they're hovered over. So I can't tell what app I'm on.

But I love the Calendar/Message previews and the hidden dock, now that I know how to use it LOL!!! But since I didn't know, are there any other shortcuts I should know about? lol

Thanks!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast