This is my MyStorm theme that I made for the pearl. This is version 1.0 ... 8520 Themes forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

85xx MyStorm v1.0 os 5.0

Advertisement

This is my MyStorm theme that I made for the pearl. This is version 1.0 which is a single bottom dock, 100% custom wallpapers and buttons and tabs. This is for os 5.0. Still having difficulties with os 4.6. Please let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dream as if you'll live forever, but live as if you'll die today-James Dean

I have a feeling that there is a navigation problem with this theme as well. I will work on it and repost the fix tomorrow!

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,

The graphic elements look very nice. I do believe the navigation could be better. In this single row theme, up/down with the track pad moves left/right--it would be better if left/right on the pad moved the selector.

In the double row theme, Blackout, left/right on the pad moves the selector left/right--I think that's better. Perhaps consider setting up the navigation to match the application screen navigation. For example, up/down between rows, left/right within rows, and don't wrap around at the of the row. That would give the theme consistent navigation on both the home and application screens.

The date and menu fonts are a bit small for me, but that's my personal preference (and my age :-). Overall, very nice.

Thanks! That is just the kind of feedback I need! As far as the navigation, I haven't built a theme before where the navigation is like this. Meaning, for the pearl and 83xx curves its not set up the same way, so being these are my first true attempts, and seeing that I'm kind of flying blind (no 85xx phone, and simulator isn't working) its all a work in progress. But thanks to 9of13, one of Pinstacks finest, I think I got it figured out. I won't be able to fix them tonight, got a screaming 3 year old running a fever of 102.2, but I will get back on them ASAP! In building these themes though, I did notice that there is no "old school" icon themes. Which to me makes making a double bottom dock seem even more interesting. I think it would be a nice feature if I can get it to navigate like you said, up and down, and left to right like an icon style theme. Anyway, just something I might try to work on. But TRULY, thanks for all of the helpful feedback. When I get this thing figured out, you've got a custom theme coming your way!

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    You're welcome. I'll help where I can. To get the navigation to match the way an icon theme does it, you have to use a custom theme--a Zen them won't let you do it that way. With a custom theme, you can set each movement the way you want it. Happy Theming! Take care of the youngster. ;-)

evilash78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    This is my MyStorm theme that I made for the pearl. This is version 1.0 which is a single bottom dock, 100% custom wallpapers and buttons and tabs. This is for os 5.0. Still having difficulties with os 4.6. Please let me know what you think.
    Any chance you can get an ota? I've been looking everywhere for a storm theme (I love the icons) but don't have a comp.

I recently had my computer crash, and lost everything, including this theme file. BUT I have every intention to get back everything I lost, and I will get this theme back up and going and see about the ota links as well. Thanks for the feedback, and interest.

evilash78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    I recently had my computer crash, and lost everything, including this theme file. BUT I have every intention to get back everything I lost, and I will get this theme back up and going and see about the ota links as well. Thanks for the feedback, and interest.
    No problem and I hope it all works out for you. Thanks for putting out themes like this! I'll keep checking back.