I saved backups of my device's database and 3rd party apps using BBSAK and then ... BlackBerry Tour forum

HangingClowns no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wiped BlackBerry Unable to Load OS

Advertisement

I saved backups of my device's database and 3rd party apps using BBSAK and then I wiped the device. Now, when I try to load the device using the app loader, it keeps failing on the end of uploading RAM image. It says something about not being able to detect the device. I read somewhere that if I turn off the power managent on the root USB hubs, that this could solve the problem, but I looked in the device manager, but I didn't have that option, but 2 others and both were unchecked. I'm using Windows Vista.

Not sure if this is related, but I also tried using the device manager, and before I told it to upgrade, it said something about the device must be registered to use this software or something else like that.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    are you trying to load 5.0 on the device and its says you need a wireless subscription to install 5.0?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You also have the battery in the phone will you do this correct?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Yes, have battery in this device. When I take out the device, the device immediately starts back up, because the computer puts the device into some kind of mode that gives it a black screen. Also, I don't think it says anyting about that. I'll try again and get the answer for you, but I'm 90% sure that's not the error message.

Might have found a solution, but not sure if this makes sense or not. It goes all the way up through Uploading RAM image, but then it stops at the VERY end. I am using a Mac with WMWare Fusion. Should I log into Bootcamp instead? Is this a known issue?

EDIT** Found the solution does lie in the fact that I MUST use bootcamp if I want to upgrade my phone with this method.
    Last edited by HangingClowns; 01-07-2010 at 02:10 AM.