So far like it a lot. It is much faster doing most things compared to ... BlackBerry Tour forum

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I traded up for the Tour from the Curve.....

Advertisement

So far like it a lot. It is much faster doing most things compared to the Curve 8330 and has the sleek black look that i think looks really good. I was in the Verizon Wireless store for a while playing around with all new phone (Storm, Bold, ect.) and then went to Best Buy to check out other Vendors such as AT&T's IPhone and I finally made the decision. THE TOUR! I cant type at all on the Iphone (even though I really like its features....I will probably get an ITouch for fun soon as my girlfriend has one and its pretty cool). As the same with the Storm, it is a great phone, but I am so used to the layout of the Curve and other BB phones QWERTY keypad that the touch screen typing makes me think I will have to type real slow and I know it would take alot of time to get the hang of typing in general. So I ended up buing it from Best Buy for $149.99 (with my upgrade included) and they gave me the 30 day return with no questions asked (as long as it isnt damaged). It would have been $270 w/ a $70 Mail in Rebate in the store and $200 w/ a $70 instant rebate online from Verizon. Best buy was the best price so I decided to go with them.....every penny counts!!! I still have all the originial stuff that came with my Curve so I am just going to sell it on Craigslist for $200 (thats what they are going for in the VA and DC area). So I will end up making 50 bucks and have cool new phone to mess around with! Just wanted to share my new BB news with everyone..

Have a good one,
    Matt

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC
    Sounds good, I'm using the curve 8900 and have been using blackberries for a while. I played around with the tour in the store and really like the form factor compared to the bold. Glad you like it and good luck, keep us posted on how it works out...
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks...........and will do!

schott no está en línea Stack level 2
    I started with the 8703 from Verizon and have had every device with the full QWERTY keyboard including the Storm. The Tour and the Curve are by far my favorite.

JXB25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    congrats on the tour I just got minez last week I havent had it for a week yet and I really love it and yes its faster compared to the curve

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    I went from the curve to the tour with sprint. Didn't get a new phone for a while because I had to wait for a new blackberry to be launched.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by abad View Post
    Sounds good, I'm using the curve 8900 and have been using blackberries for a while. I played around with the tour in the store and really like the form factor compared to the bold. Glad you like it and good luck, keep us posted on how it works out...
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Was there that much of a difference. When it first came out, I really liked the look of the Bold, but for me AT&T is not an option. So I was very glad when I heard about the Tour, and I thought they were supposed to be pretty much equals in look, form factor, etc. Thanks.

branberry73 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love mine, traded up from the curve 8330 as well. My only concern is the battery life, this joker will suck a battery dry in a day. Where my curve would last many days before recharging. Anyone else having battery issues? But it is faster and the screen resolution is outstanding!
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    All the new devices, tour, bold , 8900 curve are bad about using the battery up. Seidio extended batteries are the solution, or you can carry around a spare battery.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

bryer1999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30CAC076
    Hmm I switched from the curve 8330 to the tour 9630 and I think the difference is awsome. I am not a big fan of touch screen phones so I am glad bb came out with a new phone that isnt touch screen as it seems every other smart phone is becomming. I believe the battery life is awsome and have no comlants I am a tow truck driver and my phone rings 150 times a day literaly and most of the time I only have had to charge the phone when I got off work. I have been using blackberry since the BB7105t in 2005 and the tour by far is the best blackberry to date, I just wish the were more themes available all ready.

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    So I ended up buing it from Best Buy for $149.99 (with my upgrade included) and they gave me the 30 day return with no questions asked (as long as it isnt damaged). It would have been $270 w/ a $70 Mail in Rebate in the store and $200 w/ a $70 instant rebate online from Verizon.
    Actually...the above means that Verizon was your best price. $200-$70 = $130. Best Buy hit you for another $20.

Nit pick rant over....

I went from the 8830 to the Storm and HATED the Storm. I got excited about the Tour just as I had the Storm, and it really delivered. It's like a love child between the Bold and the Storm...has all the great features the Storm did (screen resolution, app support, onboard memory etc) without the horrible keyboard and heavy as a brick feel.

Great phone.

Now if I could just get the GPS to work all the time in the UK. It only works when it wants to.