Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know on the Storm, a lot of people put a folded up piece of ... BlackBerry Tour forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

I know on the Storm, a lot of people put a folded up piece of paper or something similar between the battery and the door to resolve the loose door problem. Or just get you a Seidio case or some type of case that will cover the phone and the battery door will not be an issue.

I'll get my Tour in the mail tomorrow and will find a case for it once a few more vendors end up getting them out for sale.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    well of course get the full data plan I mean, a blackberry just isn't a blackberry without the data plan.
    the way that I understand it with wifi available it's like comparing dial-up to a high speed internet connection.
    would just be a huge plus in my book.

That's not entirely true. Speed tests were done on BlackBerries running on the AT&T network, T-Mobile, and Verizon. AT&T and T-mobile networks running on WiFi couldn't pull down websites faster than the VZW BlackBerry could with the VZW data plan on it. And personally, I think if / when VZW decides to release a BlackBerry that has WiFi, they'll be assed out since when you connect a BlackBerry under them, you have to get a data plan, or so I'm told *(I don't know the validity of that because I've always had one so I don't worry)*. If you use WiFi and get no data plan, great but in an instance where / if what I said is true about VZW, they won't be able to tell people, "You connect a BlackBerry and you HAVE to have a data plan" which could hurt or boost sales depending on many things.

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by smm115 View Post
    I just got my tour last night and I love it. I upgraded from an 8830 so the multimedia is much better than I'm used to and the keyboard is the best I've used on a blackberry yet.

my only complaint is the loose battery door too. Its not much but it does slide up and down just enough that its noticeable. But that isn't enough for me to talk bad on this phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I posted a fix for this in another tread. Take a piece of NexCare medical tape about 1/4" x 1". Pull off the door, look right below the battery, above the SD card, to the right of the SIM, you'll notice a little indentation. Stretch the tape across this and color it, put the battery door back on and you'll be G2G.

bigdog357 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i just got my tour today,and i gotta say wow,this phone is fast,and it looks great,im still a little lost but im getting there,and this bb is really nice to type on,i gotta say great job rim.no wifi,would be nice but im more than glad i got it anyway.

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just recieved my tour today, I was on a Blackberry Curve 8330 with Verizon.
    I love the Tour already, it is way faster then my 8330 was.

A couple things I noticed where the global ringer profile changes, doesnt let you select and change each one, its for all. I thought that sucked.

Another thing was there you can change the keyboard from dialing to the specific keys to doing something you want like "C" for compose, "L" for Calender and etc.

I believe the browser is way faster. Another thing I noticed was that videos actually play full screen now, its not bad, the video quality isnt so good, such as youtube.
    But hey I think the media stuff works alot better.

One problem I have only had so far was transferring my stuff from my curve to the tour on my Mac.
    I use pocketmac, any suggestions?
    I also think the mac doesnt recognized my Tour when I plug it up.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

I love it :d

I just got it today.

2 weird things, though. For one, if you pull the battery, it resets the homescreen image and the icons to default. For two, the bundled computer software doesn't seem to work properly (I have Windows XP). When I load it (in both a dvd and a cd rom drive), the light comes on that says the disc is being read and a screen pops up on my computer that says blackberry in the top bar, but the whole screen is blank. Any suggestions for either?

Thanks

Alright, well i finally got all of my other stuff and contacts to work, you have to do go into the memory and make it where i prompts for mass storage for it to work.

I love it!

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by maizydaze View Post
    I love it :d

I just got it today.

2 weird things, though. For one, if you pull the battery, it resets the homescreen image and the icons to default. For two, the bundled computer software doesn't seem to work properly (I have Windows XP). When I load it (in both a dvd and a cd rom drive), the light comes on that says the disc is being read and a screen pops up on my computer that says blackberry in the top bar, but the whole screen is blank. Any suggestions for either?

Thanks

You want to fix the problem? Just browse the CD and look for the installation files for Desktop Manager 5.0. You can also download it from the Verizon BB website, along with the OS software for the device.

DO NOT USE Desktop Manager 4.7, you'll have nothing but issues.

Uninstall all of your current BlackBerry software and Desktop Manager. Then install Desktop Manager 5.0, get the OS software, install that, and then you'll be good to go.

The problem is actually, your computer. Some people have been complaining about faulty CDs shipped with the Tour but it's not. I have three computers I use for BlackBerries, 1 at the house and two at work. All three have different configurations of RAM and CPU power, the two at work, it hangs on, the one at my house with Vista Ultimate AND XP, it works fine.

**NOTE** This problem is also existing on Vista. Just do the same.

Let me know if you have any problems or if you need the files,I have them zipped and can upload them to rapidshare or megauploads.

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    You want to fix the problem? Just browse the CD and look for the installation files for Desktop Manager 5.0. You can also download it from the Verizon BB website, along with the OS software for the device.

DO NOT USE Desktop Manager 4.7, you'll have nothing but issues.

Uninstall all of your current BlackBerry software and Desktop Manager. Then install Desktop Manager 5.0, get the OS software, install that, and then you'll be good to go.

The problem is actually, your computer. Some people have been complaining about faulty CDs shipped with the Tour but it's not. I have three computers I use for BlackBerries, 1 at the house and two at work. All three have different configurations of RAM and CPU power, the two at work, it hangs on, the one at my house with Vista Ultimate AND XP, it works fine.

**NOTE** This problem is also existing on Vista. Just do the same.

Let me know if you have any problems or if you need the files,I have them zipped and can upload them to rapidshare or megauploads.

Thanks so much! I uninstalled all my old BB software and searched for the Deskstop software on the CD. I found it and installed it!

The Verizon website wanted me to download the 4.7 Desktop software. Thanks for the advice about not using it

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    No problems with my battery door on my tour (but I have sprint). I also didn't have any problems downloading the desktop manager from the CD. I received my tour on Sunday so I am still working with it, but I enjoy it over the 8830 WE.
    To add to someone's comment about icons resetting to default. This happened to me when I had to travel for a day and had my company turn on business email to my personal blackberry. Haven't had a need to do a battery pull so I do not know if my icons/theme setting will default back.
    Last edited by tina_twyman; 07-18-2009 at 07:39 AM.

My battery door wiggles alittle bit but I don't think it's such a big deal.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    All great comments and advice. Thanks.

I can't wait until I get mine. I think it's being shipped tomorrow.

Anyway -- that's when the real fun begins . . . then I'll need everyone's help . . . LOL.

How do I turn this thing on? Where's my e-mail? LOL. I didn't pick the handle "Tech Idiot" for no reason.

Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot View Post
    All great comments and advice. Thanks.

I can't wait until I get mine. I think it's being shipped tomorrow.

Anyway -- that's when the real fun begins . . . then I'll need everyone's help . . . LOL.

How do I turn this thing on? Where's my e-mail? LOL. I didn't pick the handle "Tech Idiot" for no reason.

Thanks again.
    Well, you're not an idiot, just a noobie. There's nothing wrong with that, we were all noobies at one time or another. If you need help, post questions, we'll all help you out. You can even see registered users PINs for BlackBerry Messenger so you can also try that. I'm always willing to help out people with BlackBerries.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    We got one a couple days ago for testing. It's not bad. Far, far better than the storm.

It's like the Bold and a Curve had a kid.

It's a bit laggy in some areas, but over all pretty responsive.

Battery cover is loose on this one, not fall off by itself loose, but it does rattle if you shake it.

Yet again, video support is inconsistent with video shot on other BB's and simple divx files. Files play fine on an 88xx, or storm or the 8900, but won't play on the Tour.

The MicroSD slot is horrible - there's no easy release for the retention tab, so getting the card out quickly is not going to happen. That may be a minor quibble for some, but personally it's a mark against the design.

It tests out ok with most of our apps so far, but we've come across one potential deal killer - emails with attachments are coming in with the text of the email as a txt file attachment that you can't open or download. Emails without attachments are fine.

If we can't find a fix, there's no way we can give these to our users.

One of our 3 Storm users had the same issue, but he mentioned trying out a new firmware that others had the same issue with, so he's going to roll back.
    I've got no older version to roll back to, so we're kind of in a bind.

Sucks, because it would have finally given us a device to offer as an upgrade to the 8830, since the Storm was a massive flop here.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

I felt like I never used a blackberry before when I got my Tour. Just the new OS 4.7 so and so is so different from what I am used to. It has major upgrades that people have wanted to see for a good while on a blackberry. One I really like is that the video is fullscreen. The internet browser is sleeker and faster then before. The speed is pretty outstanding from speed tests I have done. Check out the thread I posted in the 9630 Tour Section.
    There are a lot of new things to adjust to such as setting up ringtones. When you choose a ringtone for one person for when they call now, you can also do that for text messages. I thought that was rather nifty.

Lets just say that the Tour is worth every penny you paid for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast