Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

well.......did anyone make the switch?? Please give us feedback!!!... BlackBerry Tour forum

amujahid no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon TOUR

Advertisement

well.......did anyone make the switch?? Please give us feedback!!!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nope...looks like a juiced up curve to me:d
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did. Works better than my Storm. Faster and less laggy. It seems to have the same OS as the storm so I already know where everything is. It seems to download faster and surf the web faster. The only time I have seen the little blackberry clock is on Google Maps, but not that often. It has never froze up during typing and has yet to need a reboot or done one on its on. So far I am happy I switched. I have only had it since Sunday. so plenty of time to play with it but not enough to know the bad parts.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    nice!!
    I'm glad it's working out for you!
    keep us all updated!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nice looking phone.if i didn't have a storm or storm2 this would definitely be my phone. i was in the store today and played around with it for a bit. the os was very fast but i forgot how much time it took scrolling to what you wanted to select rather than just clicking it...which i did try to do a few times. it was nice looking at the memory and seeing over 100 free mb's in the application memory.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Played around with it @ Vz store. Much snappier/snazzier than my Curve but I'm gonna wait for the Storm 2 (with wifi-rumors be true!) and then I'll decide. I can't upgrade till the Fall anyways.

Thanks for the update! Play around with it for a few more days and keep us posted! I am eager to drop my storm because typing lengthy emails for work is very important to me. I just can't get it done fast enough on my storm. And one handed typing is near impossible without really focusing and concentrating....but even then, you're still likely to mistype. Anyway, with so many blackberry devices in the news (onyx, magnum, tour, etc.) it's so hard to make a decision...but I'll wait for more feedback!

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    I have the Tour. Got it the day it came out and love it. I'm not all about the touch-screen so you can keep the Storm if you fancy that. If I wanted touch screen, I'd get the iPhone but the service sucks!

The Storm2, well, it's supposed to be the "Storm that should have come out the first time" but I'm not too worried about the WiFi. I don't see a big need for it regardless of the argument that you can raise.

I also don't see the big deal about not having wi-fi. Just get the data plan and you're all set. I can't imagine NOT having the full data plan and having to rely on wi-fi for my internet/data access....that would be utterly useless for me to even have a blackberry. But, to each his own I suppose.....

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    well of course get the full data plan I mean, a blackberry just isn't a blackberry without the data plan.
    the way that I understand it with wifi available it's like comparing dial-up to a high speed internet connection.
    would just be a huge plus in my book.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    Still loving mine. The one thing I did find that I dont like compared to the Storm is not being able to click any button on screen i want. I have to track ball to it. For example, AP news, I am on the "Top Stories" tab and scroll thru them reading and then I want to shoot over to the "Local News" tab, now I have to scroll all the way back up to the tab list and then scroll to the right when on the Storm I would just clic the local news tab. Not a big deal but noticable differance from the storm. Another thing I like is the ringer is louder, so when Im in the truck with the radio jamming a good song, I still hear the phone. Camera works great and way faster than the Storm for sure, even with the latest BETA OS on my Storm.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks to everyone for all of the initial comments.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe if you pay 10 dollars for wifi hotspots you can make calls on wifi and you won't be charged for those minutes. As far as internet goes my 8330 is very fast on 3g. It would probably be slower if I had and used wifi.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

smitters15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got the Tour on Sunday and have pretty happy with it. The browser is nicely updated to a much larger screen view and the processor seems to be much faster than my old Curve. No more lagging and selecting the wrong thing when scrolling due to lagging. A couple things that I noticed, though:

1) If you attempt to change the settings of the preset ringer profiles, it changes all of them globally. So if you set "loud" to 10, then set "normal" to 5, "loud" ends up being set to 5 as well. I thought it was me and finally gave up and called Verizon. They transferred me to RIM and after being on the phone for a while, they said that it is a concern that they are working on. The good news is that as a workaround, you can make custom ringer profiles, and they seem to save properly.

2) My battery door is loose. I noticed it right away and didn't think much of it, but it has been driving me nuts the more I text. It only moves a slight amount back and forth, but it's enough to get annoying. Has anyone else noticed this??

Overall, I really feel that it is an upgrade over my Curve. The keyboard feels more solid and the faster processor is a delight. The only thing I miss is that my Berry a Code application no longer works. I'm not sure what's wrong there.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to put in my two cents!

smm115 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got my tour last night and I love it. I upgraded from an 8830 so the multimedia is much better than I'm used to and the keyboard is the best I've used on a blackberry yet.

my only complaint is the loose battery door too. Its not much but it does slide up and down just enough that its noticeable. But that isn't enough for me to talk bad on this phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast