I have the Tour. It's about two weeks old, used for one, and I'm listing ... BlackBerry Tour forum

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3

Unlocking the Tour ?s

Advertisement

I have the Tour. It's about two weeks old, used for one, and I'm listing it for sale today. The phone is great, I just really missed the screen size of the Storm, so I switched back. (.151 rocks, by the way!)

Anyhow, I'm wondering a few things about unlocking it. 1) If I do have it unlocked, will it be unusable for Verizon and be GSM only? (This is the impression I'm getting) 2) Can I go through the unlocking process if the Tour is not the active phone on my account? I was thinking of listing it with the option to unlock.
    Last edited by lamoglinsgal; 08-27-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typo :)

LRB8558 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you unlock the phone, only the GSM side will be unlocked and can be used with any carrier's SIM card. The CDMA side stays hooked to Verizon via their ESN database. If you haven't done anything nefarious, the CDMA part will be usable on Verizon (only).

[FONT=Verdana]Can I go through the unlocking process if the Tour is not the active phone on my account?[/FONT] Call them an ask. The worst they can do is say no. Just tell them you're leaving the country for a vacation and want to unlock the GSM so you can buy local SIM cards.