Hey all, Have a 9630 with Sprint. I have sporatic trackball issues. works fine for ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Trackball Advice.....Sprint repair center experiences

Advertisement

Hey all, Have a 9630 with Sprint. I have sporatic trackball issues. works fine for a while, then doesn't. I've cleaned it with paper, and alcohol. 5 minutes after i clean it, it happens again, or not. I've checked all the posts. Nothing seems to work, but I will not crack it open since its under warantee. I can't make the problem occur when I want, it just happens. I also get the hot battery thing for no reason.
    I'm taking it to the sprint repair center per sprint tech support tomorrow morning. Anyone know what I should expect? Never dealt with these guys before. I want a replacement......but not a refurb. I paid for a new phone, I want a new phone. Do they still have 9630's in stock? Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Andy

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    They will probably replace the t.ball and hopfully all is well after that ;-). In my experience (onyl happened twice) the hot battery is fixed by a soft reset.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If they do replace the phone you will most likely get a refurb. The refurb should come with 90 day warranty or the remainder of your new unit's warranty (whichever is longer) if they follow the same procedures that GSM carriers do. Hopefully they will just replace your trackball as tippmann said. It is a generally easy procedure (although in the case of the 9630 it does require complete dissassembly of the unit) that can be done in the shop (possibly while you wait depending on how busy their techs are). I do recommend doing a full backup before you take it to the shop.

Zo

To the best of my knowledge: you arent 100% for sure going to get a refurb. It prob depends on what they have available.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I took it to the repair center today. They were going to put a new white trackball assembly it. However, when they tore it down they found some component on the circuit board that was loose and wiggly. So they replaced it with a refurb unit. The refurb feels 10 times beeter than the new unit I had as far as ball and keyboard. I'm pretty happy with it. In perfect shape, not a scratch, with a factory installed screen protector, which tells me the screen was replaced(?). The tech also said there are many many refurb units available and it will be a while before 9650's will be replacing broken 9630's. All said and done I'm glad I didnt get the white trackball, and I'm happy with the refurb.
    Andy

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Congratulations on a happy visit. Did they transfer all your info for you or did you have to reload it yourself when you got home? (curious how they handle that).

Zo

Awewsome ;-)