Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So as per Plazmic the 4.7 software is for BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry Curve 8900 & ... BlackBerry Tour forum

xXiTzMeXx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Tour Themes

Advertisement

So as per Plazmic the 4.7 software is for BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry Curve 8900 & BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphones...so is there "unofficially" a way to build themes for the Sprint 9630?

Also are there any compatible Themes available?

petemoralez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B6A8D7
    If there was I believe that theme developers would made them already... I'm tired of the verizon theme being my only option. Patience is not in my nature when it comes to my bb lol gotta spoil it
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    They show themes for the tour at the mobihand store. I bought one and it wouldn't show up in my thene folder. It did show up in my app list so I know it got downloaded. I emailed the support yesterday and I am still waiting for a reply on why it doesn't work.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    No themes will work as of yet. Many people are under the misconception that the 8900 themes will work for the tour. Fact of the matter is they wont. Mobihand among others don't control so much of what is being sold as it is the developers of the themes that are advertising them for the tour. Sad but true, no custom themes yet. Don't buy anymore unless you absolutely know that they are officially starting to be developed for them.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEKO View Post
    They show themes for the tour at the mobihand store. I bought one and it wouldn't show up in my thene folder. It did show up in my app list so I know it got downloaded. I emailed the support yesterday and I am still waiting for a reply on why it doesn't work.
    that is a developer error -- they can uncheck that option. there are NO themes yet.

it normally takes plazmic a few months (or more) to release an update to the theme builder.

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    When I first got the Tour I checked Mobihand and it had ALL the themes that my Storm had so I knew it wasnt right. A week later and still today it shows 14 themes. I just assumed they checked these out on the Tour.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Member how long it took for storm themes......
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    We have peeps here working on them now. It takes time. im a test dummy for lucifersemus.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    C Hustle, did that theme work?? Add me on BBM
    D-Tole

PIN/ID
    skdck
    ill add you, but it didnt work yesterday. i downloaded it and installed it but it didnt show up in themes. it showed up in apps though, which is no good.
    Ill add you, just accept my request. If he gets one working on my phone, mind you these are tests, so anything can go wrong, ill let you know or give you the link.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I can almost guarantee you guys that no theme will work with the current tools we have. I remember making a theme for the 8350i when it was first released. I figured if I just tweaked plazmic to read 4.6 and leave the resolution the same and make the icons match its resolution as well it would work but it did not. It was a great attempt on my part but sadly none worked. The device read the theme under applications but it did not load and would have never loaded. So, what I'm trying to get at is the following. We have no choice but to wait for the next theme developing kit which should be 4.8 or 5.0 or something along those lines. We're currently using 4.7 and for the record it's one of the most glitchiest and cumbersome CDK to date. It crashes more than the beta version. I had to reinstall the darn thing so many times because it's still so buggy. Needless to say that there will probably be a beta CDK out before the official is released and we'll make themes for your device but then again beware of its glitches before hand. when themes are made on betas they tend to come out a little F*d up and also may cause for your bb to act weird and/or brick...scary I know but that's the price we beta testers pay. Anywho, with all of this said and done...there's nothing else for me to do about the topic but to wait and see when they'll exactly release the tools needed to create themes for you guys. Sad to say you're stuck with the stock theme you currently have but you can change the walls if that makes a difference for now . End of yapping...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well as of now, we have no choice but to paint the walls. But thx for the info raton..

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    An update for you guys - once again Bplay has found its silent partner with plazmic and is developing "working" tour themes. Crackberry has a lot of info and comments on the current themes. No there is not an official or leaked (as far as I know) version of plazmic available to the public, nor have I seen a work around with the current one. If anyone is in tight with someone from bplay, maybe we can find out at least why they are able to do it.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Just checked on this and yes, Bplay has over 30 themes available for the Tour.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    skdck
    i will believe that that theme works for the tour when someone here confirms that they have it running on their tour.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast