at the site below, i have made a step by step tutorial on how to ... BlackBerry Tour forum

sommacero no está en línea Stack level 1

Tour Teardown / Fix Your Trackball !!

Advertisement

at the site below, i have made a step by step tutorial on how to fix your blackberry tour with pics.

the problem with the trackballs is from how the trackball sits on its own little board. in some cases it becomes loose or misaligned, putting a shim in will push the board up to the right height and you will be able to scroll left to right once again.

the direct link to the fix is http://cero.yolasite.com/how-to-open-phones.php

although you don't have to, please click on the ads (you don't have to buy anything / doesn't cost you a thing) so the server i use doesn't think that i am useless to them. think of it as a pat on the back

as always if you have any questions feel free to ask.....

jennav no está en línea Stack level 2
    will verizon replace the trackball if its still under warrenty

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    They will replace the entire phone. Do a backup before returning so you can restore all your data.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    A friend of mine recently purchased his tour and he's been through 2 units already and about to jump onto a third one. Him and me went into one of Sprint stores last night to see if they could replace it and they didn't want to change the unit because they keep stating that it's a sensitivity issue and not the trackball itself. They advised my friend to set the sensitivity to 90 instead of 70 for better use. I asked them how come my 8900 has no issues with the sensitivity or anything like that. I even told them I replaced my own trackball for a G1 trackball and no issues. They looked at me like I was crazy. They looked at their tech guy and the tech guy was also puzzled. Noobs . So, now my friend has no other resort but to ask them to ship him a new unit. I feel bad for him because it's his first bb and his experience is not going as smooth as it was for me. He was gonna go with the pre but once he heard about the tour coming out for his network he was stoked but with all of these issues he's about to switch phones for good. Oh well, can't win them all.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I wonder how many people have this issue versus those that don't. I bought mine the day it was released and got it in the mail 4 days later. I have never had any hard ware or soft ware issues other than that loose battery door. I can't believe how many posts I have read that have trackball issues!!!!
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MonkeyGrass no está en línea Stack level 1
    VZW will replace your Tour for trackball issues - don't void your warranty and hack it folks. I just got back from the store, brand new Tour in hand - complete with functional trackball and a battery door that stays put. No questions asked, I just walked in and showed them the Tour, the tech girl said "Trackball?". I said "Yep!" and walked out with a brand new 'berry.

I'm pleased. Thank god it's so easy to backup and restore these things. I'd be going nuts if I had to reprogram my phone all the time!

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    most of the trackball issues seem to happen on verizon network!! Mine is not a trackball movement issue but the trackball is just sunk in much. I have to use sides of my fingers or use my nails to peck it through. My bold was good on trackball issues.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

bryer1999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30CAC076
    I have had my BB tour now for about two months and I am on my third phone now becouse of track ball issues, this is my fourth BB model and is the only one I have ever had issues with, the folks at the sprint store keep replacing it and telling me that the trackball malfunction is due too dirt and debree inside the unit itself, I will be the first to tell you i wont even touch my phone with dirty hands so they are full of sh**, All I can really say is that I wish BB would revert back to the old trackball style and everyone would be happy.

But other than that I have had no issues with the tour at all in fact in all three tours I have recieved my battery doors have always fit snug

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i returned my 1st 2 tours. 3rd times a charm. all is good and perfect now the way it should of been the first time around.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

1pdanut no está en línea Stack level 2
    On my third Tour as well. Quite frustrating...The worst part is my Verizon retail store tried to act like they didn't know about the (trackball) issue. When I asked her to use the phone to edit a text message (and she couldn't) then she changed her tune and 'all of a sudden' she disclosed that every Tour owner who worked there were already on their 2nd Tour (at least). I also never handle with dirty hands....So far so good w/ Tour #3. Usually it takes almost 3 weeks or so for the problem to present itself...I'm on week 2.5. Keep your fingers crossed!
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105