Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by subiedubie After 2 weeks, I'm very pleased with my tour. Running it ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Feliz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30DD779A

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by subiedubie View Post
    After 2 weeks, I'm very pleased with my tour. Running it on stock OS4.7.1.40. Coming from a curve, I'm finding it significant upgrade: faster in every regard, esp. loading web pages; mine, at least, has better build quality; screen is sharp and bright; and doesn't have that plasticky feel of the curve; trackball so far, so good. My only nitpik is how long it takes to restart -- jeesh, water boils faster.

Keeping fingers crossed though, after seeeing the pages of problems others have had. C'mon, RIM, you can launch much better than that!
    The restart does take a little while but coming from a iPhone 1st generation after 2 years I have to say I am glad to be back.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm really happy with my Tour so far. No problems, knock on wood. Found a good theme, and finally found a good .pdf viewer. Coming from an 8330 I was concerned about the keyboard, but I think I like it's more tactile feel a little better. The back gets a little slippery at times in my hand though. All in all, even though it is an inanimate object, I'm lovin it.
    Andy

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had my Tour about 7 weeks and I liked it pretty well, although I don't care for all the shiny surfaces that seem prevalent on newer blackberries.. Had a few issues like Google Maps not locking onto the GPS, etc.

However, I will say that I love the TOUR since updating the operating system to 4.7.1.57 (on Sprint). It's better in every way now. Faster, better battery I think and the GPS rocks now.. Locks quickly and Google Maps works great using the GPS. Overall, the Tour with .57 OS has me smiling...
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

tafadzwa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    I just got confirmation that my VZW Tour has shipped. I had the Storm, loved the storm but it took a while to get it just right. Then I signed up for T-Mobile and got the 8900, but the coverage in my area is horrible. Even WiFi couldn't make up for the lack of service. So back to VZW to the Tour.

So I'm wondering, for those who have it, do you love it or hate it? And what phone did you come from?
    Just like you I had the storm and now I have the tour. To tell you the truth, you should just wait for the storm 2 to come out. The tour is the first bb I didn't like. I have had issues with the track ball not responding. Then from time to time the phone freezing up on me. All in all not worth the money to me. Once the storm 2 comes out then I'm saying goodbye to the tour..

kiz88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30EE1366
    HUGE improvment after having the Curve 8330 for 2 years.
    Blackberry 9630, FTW and Palm Treo's!

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Love it. Big fan.

Everything perfect, except after 6 weeks -- rollerball started not working properly. It became difficult to move through a sentence and make changes, move through the days on the monthly view to go to a specific day, etc.

So apparently this is a design problem which BB and/or Verizon has caught onto. There is a quick fix which others have spoke about here and apparently it works, but that's just not me. I brought it back, they made arrangements shipped me a new one (I had to return the old one in the same box) -- the new one arrived, and in a matter of no time I was up and running. I had a problem with Desktop Manager -- but that was not Verizon, BB or anyone else's fault. Seperate and distinct issue.

Other than the rollerball, I haven't heard any downsides. I am a simple user and don't use all the bells and whistles, I don't have any downloads, apps, etc. I was the proverbial hold out and didn't want to go with a new one. I am very glad I did. I didn't want a touch screen and I did want a full keyboard so this was the perfect BB for me. I was originally going with an 8830 World Edition and waited an extra couple of months to get the Tour/9630.

Good luck.

GODLY 1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E95146
    Blackberry Barcode really works. I was able to scan a code from the computer screen off of an avatar. Crazy!

GODLY 1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E95146
    Oh yeah, love the tour. lol

msgdawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E861A5
    Love the tour... like a computer in one's hands. Can do anything I can do on a laptop. Don't care much for all those touchscreen whatamacallthem... Tour Kiks butt... Hit me up if you concur
    MSG D.

Emanipate Yourself From Mental Slavery, None But Ourselves Can Free Our Minds... (Robert Nesta Marley)

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I put the Official BB OS 4.7.1.65 on my Tour and it is working perfect, no track ball issues. I only had to delete the Vendor file, and the desktop manager loaded it right on my Tour. bye Director447

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12