Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got confirmation that my VZW Tour has shipped. I had the Storm, loved ... BlackBerry Tour forum

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3

Tour, Love it or hate it?

Advertisement

I just got confirmation that my VZW Tour has shipped. I had the Storm, loved the storm but it took a while to get it just right. Then I signed up for T-Mobile and got the 8900, but the coverage in my area is horrible. Even WiFi couldn't make up for the lack of service. So back to VZW to the Tour.

So I'm wondering, for those who have it, do you love it or hate it? And what phone did you come from?
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 08-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Iz
    Iz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I find the Tour to be very fast. I use it for my work BB. I am currently using the Curve for personal use. I find them to both be fantastic units. The Tour is faster. The screen is a little smaller, but just as clear and crisp. The only draw back to the Tour is the charger being different. I have become used to having my car and wall charger work for both my work BlackBerry and Personal BlackBerry and now have to carry two. They are both Sprint and I have been able to take them cross country with little to no issue. The Tour is coming with me to Europe. A friend just took their new Sprint Tour to London and told me it was just as fast and clear there.

Hope this info helped.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks.

To answer my own question, I love it! I haven't had too many major issues, and the ones I have had I think will be fixed with an OS upgrade.

The infamous traackball issue -- The only problem I've had that could be interpreted as a trackball issue is actually the software lagging from what I can tell, but it's really not that bad. And really, the only place my trackball "glitches" is when I'm trying to change a ringtone and going through the list. Any other lists, I don't have a problem, other than occasionally the phone will be unresponsive for a few seconds.

That aside, it's a great phone and I'm glad I got it!

bryer1999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30CAC076
    I have had the BBtour now for a little over a month and the new trackball design isnt working very well I am already on my second BBtour, but over all love this phone I switched from the 8330curve to this phone the day it was available in stores, my only thing is waiting for 9630 themes to apear on pinstack downloads. Interested in a Blue theme with solid icons, not realy a fan of the see thru icons.

hrhdi23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love my new Tour, its does everything I want and more

rickfleming no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b3ff08
    Best phone yet! Has 256 mb of app memory, more than any bberry out there. The screen resolution is also the best out of any blackberry as well! Listening to Pandora while I type this and no lagging at all with the streaming music! Try that on a Curve 8330. Not happening! This phone is by far the best phone available by VzW. Curve II coming out soon and will be even better! RIM is really getting their act together.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I really like it!
    I'm coming from an 8330 though so for you it may not be such a drastic change... for me, IT'S WAY DIFFERENT!
    in a good way though...
    the ONLY thing, has anyone figured out how to take the clip off of the case? I H8 those things, but I don't want to break it and make it look all jacked...
    let me know
    I think you'll dig this phone!
    I DO!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love my tour. I've had the pearl,curve, Bold and now a tour. I must say the tour is one of the fastest. I just wished they would improve the browser already.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I really like it!
    I'm coming from an 8330 though so for you it may not be such a drastic change... for me, IT'S WAY DIFFERENT!
    in a good way though...
    the ONLY thing, has anyone figured out how to take the clip off of the case? I H8 those things, but I don't want to break it and make it look all jacked...
    let me know
    I think you'll dig this phone!
    I DO!
    It can be taken off, just open the spingy clip part and squeeze the pins together that rotates with the clip. You will be left with the plastic part attached to the case though.

jennav no está en línea Stack level 2
    vel4769.. any chance you have your bold for sale?

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I'm enjoying my tour. I had the iphone3g and bold on tmo before this upgrade.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

dchawk81 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't love inanimate objects but overall I find the BlackBerry Tour to be a very capable business machine.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Love it hate it. Love the style, the screen and some things about the OS. Hate the freezing trackball and frozen.lagging screens. I will be stopping by Verizon today to talk about the track ball issue!!

bigdog357 no está en línea Stack level 2
    well,i gotta say i love my new bb tour,i had the 8330 curve,and thought that was a nice phone,but this tour is badaxx,it looks great,very fast,and very user friendly,and the new os update we are to get should resolve some of the issues ive had,they say the update fixes the trackball i hope so,but all in all i found the cell i want,nice job rim.

subiedubie no está en línea Stack level 1
    After 2 weeks, I'm very pleased with my tour. Running it on stock OS4.7.1.40. Coming from a curve, I'm finding it significant upgrade: faster in every regard, esp. loading web pages; mine, at least, has better build quality; screen is sharp and bright; and doesn't have that plasticky feel of the curve; trackball so far, so good. My only nitpik is how long it takes to restart -- jeesh, water boils faster.

Keeping fingers crossed though, after seeeing the pages of problems others have had. C'mon, RIM, you can launch much better than that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast