Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, the battery is draining way too quickly(about 6-8 hours) and when it was at ... BlackBerry Tour forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Tour Battery Issue, List of my Apps. Culprit?

Advertisement

Ok, the battery is draining way too quickly(about 6-8 hours) and when it was at 10% power I turned the phone off. When I turned it on an hour later, it was at 1%. Huh? (Yes, I have charged the phone more than once)

Is there an app to see which programs are draining the most battery power? I've found that sometimes just installing an app, even if I'm not running it, will zap my battery.

Yes, I have even gone as far as closing/quitting all applications when not in use.

Anyway, here are the apps I've downloaded:
    -Blackberry App World 1.0.0.30
    -Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0.8
    -Facebook 1.6.0.21
    -Google Talk 2.2.39
    -Google Voice 0.1.415
    -iheartradio 1.0.0.0
    -Pandora1.1.0
    -Sprint Navigation2.1.01
    -TinyTwitter 2.2.9

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure but I do know app world is a huge memory drainer when running.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Have you completely closed out Sprint nav? I know that if you do not acctually close it, it still runs even if you switch to another app. That GPS will kill the battery. I will say that the battery does not last as long as my Curve 8330.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    In all honesty, just about any of those could be draining your device if left running in the background. Most apps that track your location, deliver RSS feeds/news, or IM apps constantly update themselves in the background, even when closed. Check your options in your IM apps and Facebook and see what the update intervals are set at. Either increase them or turn them off. I use TheStreet quite a bit for financial news, but keep the update set to manual. Same with Google Sync. Otherwise they're constantly updating and draining my battery.

Of course it also depends what hardware is turned on (i.e. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.)
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The apps you listed that are hardest on battery are the streaming radio while in use. I don't use those unless I have a charger nearby, actually usually just plug it in while streaming. And yes the nav and IM apps can eat through it quick too.

Would be interesting to get some feedback from other Tour users to see if they have short battery life and what apps they have running. I suppose it is possible for you to have a bad battery.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Yeah, I have closed all programs. I have pressed alt+<-- to make sure that nothing is left open. I still get the battery drain.

Anyway, I just remembered that I also added a web feed. I have no idea where to find the web feed or turn it off in case it's updating too often. Ideas?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I've had no battery problems and I've had my Tour since early Friday morning and been using it (using it = playing with it) since that time and the battery seems to be comparable to my Curve. I've been impressed with my battery life so far.

I do have Pandora, Google Maps, V-cast etc., on the device but I haven't really used them that much. I just put the apps back on my Tour that I had on my Curve but no battery issues to report at this time.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by boblincoln View Post
    Yeah, I have closed all programs. I have pressed alt+<-- to make sure that nothing is left open. I still get the battery drain.

Anyway, I just remembered that I also added a web feed. I have no idea where to find the web feed or turn it off in case it's updating too often. Ideas?
    Was it a 3rd party app you added or you added the feed into a 3rd party app?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Was it a 3rd party app you added or you added the feed into a 3rd party app?
    I just went to the BlackBerry Internet Browser. I selected a page, clicked the trackball and selected "Add Web Feed". Now, I have no idea where this web feed is or how to manage it. I don't have a 3rd party feed reader.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sometimes its the increased usage of a new device

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    My battery runs good. I have my IM (AIM, yahoo) apps running all the time. Yesterday i had my phone unplugged from 7am til 9pm with 2 bars left before i charged it, and google sync was running periodically.

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Well, I seem to be getting some better battery life. I found out that google voice and google talk kept signing in automatically so I shut that off. I've also begun closing out TinyTwitter everytime. I'm getting an easy 8 hours of battery life now and will hopefully keep increasing the battery life.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    One of the things I've always done with my devices is to set the 'Auto On/Off' feature to shut my device off around 12:00am and turn on around 5:30am (since they've been my alarm for so long). I figure anyone who needs me between those times can call the house and it saves quite a bit of battery.
    How to upgrade your OS

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    I was just about to post a new thread with battery issues on a tour. I have a sprint tour, had a curve forever before the tour. I got the tour as soon as it was available, love the phone overall but the battery life is killing me, I am getting about 6 hours and I am not running apps in the background and do not have anything automatically updating and do not have navigation left on. My curve was definetely better on beattery life. Are the other people with issues using the tour with sprint or with verizon?

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    im having really bad battery life too....i have to charge my tour twice aday.....its terrible.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast