Blackberry Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.40 Running BBM 5.0 beta Globally when in ANY text field, ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Rico5331 no está en línea Stack level 1

Tour 9630 trackball super-unresponsive within text fields

Advertisement

Blackberry Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.40

Running BBM 5.0 beta

Globally when in ANY text field, address bar, SMS,E-Mail,Notepad,Browser Text fields, etc. the left and right axis sensitivity of the trackball feels like 10, only one or two spanned with each flick of the trackball, but the up and down axis is true to whatever the trackball setting is. I do not have this problem with any other navigation on my phone, only in text fields. Even typing this thread from my tour ! However, as soon as I click out of the text field, the left-right axis is true to whatever the sensitivity setting is on. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem ? It must be software, just trying to figure out what the culprit is. If someone else is experiencing this, We can compare installed apps and see if a conflict is to blame.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

petemoralez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B6A8D7
    Its a KNOWN issue with this blackberry but it has nothing to do with any apps or the phone itself. I've gone through 3 tours already and have had the same problem with every single one of them. Its a OS bug that makes the trackball not respond either left or right but works perfectly up and down (vice versa) all we can do is wait for the OS upgrade they are "working on".

That's my slice
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Quote Originally Posted by petemoralez View Post
    Its a KNOWN issue with this blackberry but it has nothing to do with any apps or the phone itself. I've gone through 3 tours already and have had the same problem with every single one of them. Its a OS bug that makes the trackball not respond either left or right but works perfectly up and down (vice versa) all we can do is wait for the OS upgrade they are "working on".

That's my slice
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    Thanks Pete,

That info helps A LOT, even though there isn't a fix right now. Going to exchange my tour for a new one and having to transfer all my info to the new one and re-activate BIS, would be a huge waste of time only to experience that same issue again. It really is a pain when trying to get back to the middle of a text field to edit something, enough to drive me nuts. Ah, the good ol' days of my 8700G which had 2 days of battery life and gave me no problems except for a couple beta OS's I installed on it. Even though I know the problems with the tour are nowhere as bad as the storm, I'm used to the BB OS being solid right out of the box. Waiting for "fixes" is foreign to me. This 4.7 OS is just still not ready for prime time. They need to release 5.0 globally on all devices. I might try that Hybrid OS floating around.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

I resolved this issue by loading irethun's 4.2 hybrid. One of the 5.0 files must have fixed the trackball issue. I'm not sure which one, or how, but I'll take it !!

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am also finding this VERY VERY annoying..especially if you want to go back
    a few lines and edit something...such a pain in the rear

hopefully RIM will allow us to to have trackpads installed in the near future instead of the balls

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    I have the same issues has every 1 in here but mine is a little different, my trackball on my tour is perfect-from left to right, but when up and down..omg...any suggestions? or should i be looking for the next OS update??