Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, when I use my phone for an extended period of time whether it is ... BlackBerry Tour forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Yes, when I use my phone for an extended period of time whether it is on the web, or SMS, the battery does heat up quite a bit.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Mine only seems to heat up when charging it with the vehicle charger.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

felly no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys,

Im new in this forum. I have a BB storm and im trying to instal OS after wiping up the device but when it starts downloading modules it reaches a point where it stack for a very long time. Anyone who can help pls!!!

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler View Post
    As briefly described in this post, we've found an issue with the BB Tour and RSA's SecurID app for the BB. Confirmed the issue on two devices and versions 3.01 and 3.02 of the RSA app.

Basically, if the RSA is installed on the the device, email's with attachments received by the device have the attachment appear normally, but the body text of the email shows up as a text file that you can't download or open. Removing the RSA app and resending the message corrects the issue.

We've reported it to RSA, and apparently they have not yet Validated 4.7.1.40 yet, so it'll probably require a new version.
    So we'll see if TPTB want to deploy it without the RSA, or wait for a new version.

Just to update this one.

We've been speaking to RSA, and they've been able to reproduce the problem with the Tour, as well as with OS 5.0, which they're testing, so it's kind of a big deal for them as well now. They're working with RIM to find out what's changed between the 4.7 on the Storm, and the 4.7 on the Tour or the 5.0 betas.

As it is, we deployed one of our Tours last week, and gave the user two of the old hard cards, as he's ok with using those for now until the BB RSA issue's resolved.

Still, lag and all, the Tour is a big enough leap past the 8830, that I can see it being popular once it "officially exists" here.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm surprised by the issues I'm having with my Sprint Tour. I can attest to the signal degradation. I've been through 3 Sprint BB and never experienced signal problems. My phone now throttles between 1-3 bars and I lose XEV daily. Several times I've roamed on US Cellular. Never happened in the past. I'm on my 3rd Tour too.
    AC charger gets extremely hot sometimes and not other times...why? Sometime phone gets very hot during extended conversations and other times not...why?

trackball lag is annoying, I've tried all different combinations, I'm settled on 80 for both. Works fine except on home screen, then it bounces around.

Can't stand the profiles, never in holster must mean ring when it wants too, because I can't figure it out. setup custom profile and it helped some.

8703e A+
    8330 B mostly due to build
    9630 c-

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    As far as roaming I would say that I roamed the same on my 8330 as I do on this, but I do end up on 1X more frequently. I work deep inside a department store and my signal is fine while verizon and ATT customers have issues. I had issues when I had tmo in the same spot. While there are some things I don't like at all, the profiles issue being a big one...I find the over heating to be less an issue out of gel case. My friends Bold over heats All the time.
    I have none of the other issues at this time. I am going to try setting up custom alerts OR smart alerts and berrybuzz to cope with profile issue.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    When dialing a phone number from your address book that has an extension or participant code for a conference call, the dialing of the code is too slow and it doesn't send you into the conference call room. I participate in a conference call every morning at 0830 and I am now having to manually dial the participant code.

I feel your pain bout the calls, that would kill me if I had to enter it in manual every time.....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

RHD
    RHD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Trackball Lacks accuracy
    -Jumps up and down often
    -Slow to respond to first movement
    -Does not respond to change in verticle speed as if the ball is skidding and not giving phone input

-Mute bar not functional outside of home screen
    -When Battery gets to "To low to use radio" condition plugging in does not charge, must take battery out first

-When mail set to HTML and downlod imags, images still do not download unless you go into each message and trigger image download

-HTML messages display huge font

R

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well, i have a major problem with mine thus far. It does a soft reset whenever it feels. I usually see it like once a week. And today was the last straw. I called sprint CS and they are sending me a new phone. It didnt do a soft reset at an inconvenient time, but im more than sure it would happen soon. At first i thought it was the BBM 5.0, but thats not the case because i wiped the phone and started over and its still doing a soft reset. And this is the second time this week (first time was monday).

firemedic624 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issues with signal strength, the battery door, the screen lag when ending a call and the lag with the trackball. I never had a signal problem with the 8130. I also have been having a problem with the back button and the trackball not working on occasion. Also to wake the phone up I have to hold the trackball or back button down for 2-3 seconds instead of tapping it like usual. I am getting a new one tomorrow so we will see if that solves any of these issues.

Rico5331 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by llzel View Post
    I'm surprised by the issues I'm having with my Sprint Tour. I can attest to the signal degradation. I've been through 3 Sprint BB and never experienced signal problems. My phone now throttles between 1-3 bars and I lose XEV daily. Several times I've roamed on US Cellular. Never happened in the past. I'm on my 3rd Tour too.
    AC charger gets extremely hot sometimes and not other times...why? Sometime phone gets very hot during extended conversations and other times not...why?

trackball lag is annoying, I've tried all different combinations, I'm settled on 80 for both. Works fine except on home screen, then it bounces around.

Can't stand the profiles, never in holster must mean ring when it wants too, because I can't figure it out. setup custom profile and it helped some.

8703e A+
    8330 B mostly due to build
    9630 c-
    Globally when in ANY text field, address bar, SMS,E-Mail,Notepad,etc. the left and right axis sensitivity of the trackball feels like 10, only one or two spanned with each flick of the trackball, but the up and down axis is true to whatever the trackball setting is. I heard from petemorales on this forum that this is a known issue. I'm also experiencing the bouncing on the homescreen that you're talking about also. Can anyone try to duplicate this issue ? I, too had my best experience with my 8700 series

8700G - A+ Excellent battery life, clickwheel, excellent keyboard, largest screen of any QWERTY blackberry except for the bold. If it had a micro SD slot and more app memory, I'd still be using it.

8330 - B- Smaller screen that 8700, which is now the standard size on all new QWERTY bb's except for the bold, did not like the loud clicky keyboard. low app memory forced me to give up this phone, so I could keep viigo running smoothly.

9630 - C+ I was expecting way smoother operation. The improved screen res, although I would have liked to see a bold sized screen on the 9630. The loose battery door, trackball issues, and lag on makes this phone feel like less of an improvement over the 8830 than I was expecting. The quad-band GSM radio was a main draw, gives me flexibility in case I go back to T-Mo or ATT. Looking forward to OS 5.0 which will hopefully fix these issues, or else I might have to say goodbye to RIM, because it's been all downhill since my 8700G.

dmd31842 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I cannot change my alert profile as every time I change one notification to 1 instead of 2, it does not hold the change!!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    I think for every profile you have to edit it. For example, emails i have set to totally silent on normal, but when i change my profile to vibrate only, the emails are going to vibrate because i didnt set the emails to silent on that also.

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    I spent the time and created a custom profile using berrybuzz and smartalerts. It was about 5 minutes at the most and and 2 apps that are well worth it. It helped address issues I was having for profile. I am trying setting for home only for signal issues and see if that helps.

Rico5331 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try loading irethun's 4.2 hybrid. I was experiencing the same trackball issues until i loaded that os. You can do a quick google search to find the files and procedure. As far as the images loading automatically in html e-mails, this is a limitation put on the blackberries by RIM to save bandwidth. There was an interesting article where the RIM CEO was touting their philosophy on the blackberry using the least bandwidth by design to be the cheapest smartphone available for carriers. It explains the sub-par brownsing experience. Because the hardware certainly is capable of providing a better browsing experience, but it would require alot more bandwidth to do so. RIM wants to keep the carriers happy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast