Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by dubie76 Dump phone? Weak signal? Where are you at? The signal strength ... BlackBerry Tour forum

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    Dump phone? Weak signal? Where are you at? The signal strength should not depend on the phone, but rather the serive provider.

Oh yeah, and I am now having loose battery door issues. Really annoying when texting. I put a pice of tape over that gap between the SIM and the SD cards. Tight as it could ever be now!

I think there is an issue with the hardware. I would dump the carrier as well

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dump phone? Weak signal? Where are you at? The signal strength should not depend on the phone, but rather the serive provider.
    It does infact depend on not only the carrier but the device as well. Hardware and software issues can cause for a poor signal just as much as the lack of a tower in a specific area.

Most if not all the people making the claim that the Tour has possible reception issues I'm sure have been Sprint or Verizon customers way before the Tour had ever came out myself included.

I haven't had many reception issues since I've had a Sprint account.. sure it generally doesn't get a strong signal in certain buildings but that's just CDMA technology for you.. that's where my AT&T Motorola Razr or BlackBerry Bold come into play.

The BlackBerry Tour is my personal line in which I refuse to cancel based on the fact that I pretty much pay about 50% less than anyone else with a similar plan on any network, along with my AT&T Razr. I only carry the Bold with me during work hours as it's company issued.

bbmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23A4788C
    Which came first? Chicken? Egg? Carrier? Device?

Long reboot times and 'hanging' call screen when ending a call are the minor issues I have. Nothing else really. I think due to our less congested networks, we are lucky in Canada as signal strength in general tends to be a non-issue.
    PIN anytime: 23A4788C

Using Torch on Telus in Canada.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post
    It does infact depend on not only the carrier but the device as well. Hardware and software issues can cause for a poor signal just as much as the lack of a tower in a specific area.

Most if not all the people making the claim that the Tour has possible reception issues I'm sure have been Sprint or Verizon customers way before the Tour had ever came out myself included.

I haven't had many reception issues since I've had a Sprint account.. sure it generally doesn't get a strong signal in certain buildings but that's just CDMA technology for you.. that's where my AT&T Motorola Razr or BlackBerry Bold come into play.

The BlackBerry Tour is my personal line in which I refuse to cancel based on the fact that I pretty much pay about 50% less than anyone else with a similar plan on any network, along with my AT&T Razr. I only carry the Bold with me during work hours as it's company issued.
    I have had Sprint for over 5 years. I have been from El Paso Texas, up to Maine and never had any signal issues. Sure the occasional low number of bars, but I can't remember ever having an issue making or getting a call. Now what is weird is that my friend has Sprint. He also has the Tour. Prior to the Tour he had the Moto Q. No matter what for some strange reason his reception in his house was for doo doo. As soon as he stepped out, BAM perfect. The weird part is that it is a newer single family home. He has been in three story buildings and it works fine.

Weird.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    As briefly described in this post, we've found an issue with the BB Tour and RSA's SecurID app for the BB. Confirmed the issue on two devices and versions 3.01 and 3.02 of the RSA app.

Basically, if the RSA is installed on the the device, email's with attachments received by the device have the attachment appear normally, but the body text of the email shows up as a text file that you can't download or open. Removing the RSA app and resending the message corrects the issue.

We've reported it to RSA, and apparently they have not yet Validated 4.7.1.40 yet, so it'll probably require a new version.
    So we'll see if TPTB want to deploy it without the RSA, or wait for a new version.
    Last edited by BBWrangler; 07-29-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, what is this RSA app, and do I need it? How do I delete it?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

RoofRoof no está en línea Stack level 1

Notifications-ringer only once??

I can't find a way to get a notification (ringer) for SMS, BBM, email, etc ring more than once. My old 8830 could be configured to ring twice or more, but the Tour only rings once. Is there a way to increase the number of rings for each notification?

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post

My phone's signal has really gotten bad. I drop calls alot more since the Tour upgrade...C'mon Sprint!!! Help us out here
    D-Tole

Quote Originally Posted by RoofRoof View Post
    I can't find a way to get a notification (ringer) for SMS, BBM, email, etc ring more than once. My old 8830 could be configured to ring twice or more, but the Tour only rings once. Is there a way to increase the number of rings for each notification?
    Hey, I'm curious too. I like to set certain things to ring once and others to ring 2-3 times. The Tour lacks in the profiles section...I normally use "Phone Only", and I would set everything else just to have the red reminder light...Doesn't work on the Tour, I has to create another personal profile to make that work...

What The Heck???
    D-Tole

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh yeah, and I am now having loose battery door issues. Really annoying when texting. I put a pice of tape over that gap between the SIM and the SD cards. Tight as it could ever be now!
    Not exactly. Phones have a lot to do with the signal quality.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Ok, what is this RSA app, and do I need it? How do I delete it?
    It's RSA's (now part of EMC) SecurID app. It's an authentication app. It's not a stock application, and you probably don't have it installed.

Also, it's only an issue if you're on a BES. BIS seems to work fine.
    Being a BES shop, BIS is pretty much a non-entity for us, so having it work that way is of no help.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
    The weak signal is new areas is a big problem. I may dump phone
    Typically the device will have little to do with the signal in the area, but if it's really that terrible compared to another device on the same carrier, in the same spot, then I might take it back to the carrier as it may have a defective radio.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Also I realize, when I reboot...we all know it takes FOREVER to reboot, but I also noticed that once it has rebooted, it still takes awhile for the phone to completely connect back to the network.

My BBM takes forever to connect back to the network!
    D-Tole

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler View Post
    It's RSA's (now part of EMC) SecurID app. It's an authentication app. It's not a stock application, and you probably don't have it installed.

Also, it's only an issue if you're on a BES. BIS seems to work fine.
    Being a BES shop, BIS is pretty much a non-entity for us, so having it work that way is of no help.
    Thanks for the reply. I am on BIS, and can access my work email on the same with user name and password. So I guess there is no worries then.

Thanks again
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E

issues with my tour but still love this phone

I have the loose battery door, but doesn't really bother me very much.

This phone does take EXTREMELY long to reboot, much longer than other blackberrys. I have had mine actually never leave the hour glass on the white screen at all 3 or 4 times and have had to do a 2nd consecutive battery pull in those cases. The 2nd battery pull is very annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the amount of times you have to do a battery pull with windows mobile devices.

I have experienced some warmth on the back of my phone during long phone calls and my wall charger becoming very hot while charging my phone for very long.

There are issues with all phones, but the pluses of this phone outweigh the little negative annoyances especially being a world phone with a cdma carrier.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast