Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'm looking to compile a list of issues experienced by end-users who currently have the ... BlackBerry Tour forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

Tour 9630 Hardware/Software Issue List

Advertisement

I'm looking to compile a list of issues experienced by end-users who currently have the BlackBerry Tour 9630 be it software, hardware or even possibly both.
    Keep in mind it’s quite possible some of you may not experience ANY of these issues while others may find that their having multiple issues. If you are unaware of any issues on your phone try duplicating some of the issues or read from the following and pay closer attention. You may have an issue with your device that isn’t ‘normal’ and not even realize it.

Based on user feedback and other information I pull from other forums I will complile a list here.

Hardware:
    - Loose battery cover
    - Display showing 'ripple effect' on lower two corners of screen when pressing down any of the top 5 keys including the trackball
    - Device is considerably warm after extended use (15+ minutes)
    - Headphone Jack does not work well or all of the time

Software:
    - Lag when sending SMS (SMS Screen freezes shortly before it sends)
    - Ending calls (The disconnect screen freezes for a short period before returing to main screen)
    - Notifier_BBPro_5 (audio file) does not work via the sound profiles, but will work via media
    - Notifier_BBPro_6 (audio file) sometimes sounds distorted when recieving an SMS

Possible Hardware+Software:
    - Muffled call quality
    - Extremly long bootup time after hard reset
    - Weak signal in areas where coverage was always fine
    - Vibration a tad bit on the weak side
    Last edited by privax; 07-22-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added issues.

-
    Last edited by privax; 07-21-2009 at 08:51 PM.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have similar issues

Display showing feedback on bottom two corners when pressing down trackball on screens with blue background
    - Device considerably warm after extended use (15+ minutes)
    -Extremly long period of time before device will load after a battery pull
    -Lag when sending SMS or ending calls. SMS screen freezes shortly before it sends, and after I end a call, the disconnected screen freezes for a short period before returning to desktop.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When holding down a button for a speed dial function, the "dialing tone" almost always cuts out and isn't fluid like it used to be.

The extended reboot process after a battery pull or using the "left CAPS key, right ALT & DEL key" command instead of the battery pull.

After putting the phone into "Bedside Mode", once my automatic password requirement kicks in after 10 minutes, the phone just reverts back to the home screen image and basically takes the phone out of bedside mode by illuminating the home screen and the buttons again.

Not being able to include a picture in BBM without including it in the persons address book entry first (excluding syncing the images with Facebook, which isn't possible right now with the 1.6 version of Facebook because of an apparent bug in this release)

I also noticed that Notifier_BBPro_5 audio file does not work at all. Any one able to duplicate.

Also as a quick favor, if anyone can download this ring tone to their phone..
    http://www.tuneusin.com/mobile/SFX/Nextel%20-%20Ringer%201.mp3

That is the default Nextel Ringer 1 file for those of you who are firmular with Nextel phones. (I absolutly love this ringer as it reminds me of a REAL phone / I'm not into music tones.) Anyway..

If anyone can download that and use it temporarily as their ring tone just to determine something for me.

Basically when I have this ringtone setup and the phone rings the volume almost sounds as if it is esculating, only that it only happens with this specific ringtone and nothing else. I've tried two different file types of this ring tone a .wav and a .mp3 from two different websites and still the same issue.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post
    I also noticed that Notifier_BBPro_5 audio file does not work at all. Any one able to duplicate.

Also as a quick favor, if anyone can download this ring tone to their phone..
    http://www.tuneusin.com/mobile/SFX/Nextel%20-%20Ringer%201.mp3

That is the default Nextel Ringer 1 file for those of you who are firmular with Nextel phones. (I absolutly love this ringer as it reminds me of a REAL phone / I'm not into music tones.) Anyway..

If anyone can download that and use it temporarily as their ring tone just to determine something for me.

Basically when I have this ringtone setup and the phone rings the volume almost sounds as if it is esculating, only that it only happens with this specific ringtone and nothing else. I've tried two different file types of this ring tone a .wav and a .mp3 from two different websites and still the same issue.
    Notifier_BBPro_5 works for me.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Notifier_BBPro_5 does not work on mine either.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I'm trying to duplicate the bug you noticed with bedside mode, I'll get back to you on that. -- Put my phone in bedside mode, waited the 5 minutes (untill my password kicks in) and nothing happened.. i then pressed a button which woke the phone up and prompted me for my password.. entered the password in and it took my phone back to bedside mode.. allowing me to exit or whatever I wanted.

And with BBM are you running the 5.0 beta or the version that came with the phone originally?
    Last edited by privax; 07-21-2009 at 09:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Mine is a fast "ding" very quick, but it works. I opened media>ringtones>Notifier_BBPro_5. The default media player opened and it played.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    Mine is a fast "ding" very quick, but it works. I opened media>ringtones>Notifier_BBPro_5. The default media player opened and it played.
    When I go that route it works, but it doesn't work for me when I'm in profiles and go to test it out.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm trying to duplicate the bug you noticed with bedside mode, I'll get back to you on that. -- Put my phone in bedside mode, waited the 5 minutes (untill my password kicks in) and nothing happened.. i then pressed a button which woke the phone up and prompted me for my password.. entered the password in and it took my phone back to bedside mode.. allowing me to exit or whatever I wanted.

And with BBM are you running the 5.0 beta or the version that came with the phone originally?
    Bedside mode works fine if I enter bedside mode, lock the phone, THEN plug the charger in. But if it is already charging and then the password lock activates, it messes up the bedside mode.

I'm running BBM 5.0.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    i am definitely seeing a long reset time, lag on screen close with call end and sms, poor data quality in areas that used to be good, seems to be hot also. Having trouble getting my Mac to disconnect from it.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When dialing a phone number from your address book that has an extension or participant code for a conference call, the dialing of the code is too slow and it doesn't send you into the conference call room. I participate in a conference call every morning at 0830 and I am now having to manually dial the participant code.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3
    The weak signal is new areas is a big problem. I may dump phone

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
    The weak signal is new areas is a big problem. I may dump phone

Dump phone? Weak signal? Where are you at? The signal strength should not depend on the phone, but rather the serive provider.

Oh yeah, and I am now having loose battery door issues. Really annoying when texting. I put a pice of tape over that gap between the SIM and the SD cards. Tight as it could ever be now!
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast