Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

well.. i've had a blackberry forever.. have seen multiple people post when they were gonna ... BlackBerry Tour forum

mikegelf no está en línea Stack level 2

time to go iphone..?

Advertisement

well.. i've had a blackberry forever.. have seen multiple people post when they were gonna finally turn to the iphone.. used to think it was crazy considering the iphone's lack of basic functions (eg copy & paste etc), but i think my time has now come. the iphone has addressed a lot of its deficiencies.

just got the tour. same old crap as ever. i think it was BB's last chance when they released the Storm, got it first day it was out.. what a POS. in my opinion, failed miserably.

granted, the Tour/Bold is the best BB yet. but come on, BB's are basically becoming obsolete. it's slow. the web sucks. and with verizon (can't stand other networks in west LA, they suck), they lock out key features making it crappier (eg gps, wifi -- and yes, wifi is good to have even if you already have the data plan).

yes -- BB is very customizable and nice little keyboard for texting.. but i think i'm over it now.

iphone -- fun, superb web, and now that the keyboard enlarges when u rotate the phone.. typing is better. now they have pdf support etc. tons of apps.

basically i'm just sick of the blackberry. it's old and slow. i'm kinda annoyed that i ported my number over to verizon, and i've been waiting for this thing and hoping it'd be an improvement, but it's not really.

honestly i think at this point anyone who really believes BB is superior is deluding themselves.. can anyone convince me i'm wrong or to not leave?
    Last edited by mikegelf; 07-15-2009 at 05:55 AM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I am a loyal BlackBerry user also. But I must admit that the new IPhone looks pretty tempting. My brother has one and its nice. Unless you use your phone strictly for business (emails and such), it seems that the IPhone will now do about everyting the BB will do since Apple addressed the copy/paste issue. I'm still thinking about it, one reason is as we all know, the amount of apps. I don't use mine for business, and a lot of the apps Apple offers are appealing to me. The only drawback I really see is the Iphone's OS being a little unstable, e.g. crashing. Also, all the Berries I've had were very well made, I only dropped my Bold once, and have not dropped my 8900, but when I did drop the Bold it hit HARD, and only scratched the bezel. I'm wondering if an Iphone could have withstood that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I recently bricked my iphone (totally my fault). There were many things I loved about it. Just remember there are pros and cons with every device. Would I still be rocking my iphone if I hadn't bricked it? Yes no doubt. Iphone has a great app store just remember that for every 3 good apps there are 7 that are just garbage.But, honestly, there are some basic apps I really miss on the iphone that I wonder why blackberry doesn't have. Folks complain about the iphone not having a physical keyboard but I could actually type faster and better on the iphone keyboard. At the end of the day if AT&T didn't want me to give up my first born to get another iphone I would have one in my hand right now. I have grown pretty fond of my 8900 though and my iphone memories are beginning to fade.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am in agreement. I have had two bb. 8800 & bold. Had a lot off issues with the bold but 9 months after gettin it it seems to be better. However, there are still memory leaks and the browser is painfully slow. On top of this, from a UK point of view, the app support is limited particularly around the location based apps, something iphone does well.
    As a result I am now waiting on the pre uk release so that I can then decide between that and the iphone 3gs.

I am also wary that OS 5.0 is on the way. With any luck, the browser will be much improved ?

However, as things stand I am expecting to move away from blackberry which I believe is a shame as I feel there is a culture and a comradary that goes along with being a blackberry owner.

Who knows what the future holds :-)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I won't be moving to the iPhone but rather going back to Windows Mobile when my contract expires. I have my intentions set on the Pantech Matrix Pro on AT&T. But (and this is for ismith in case you're not aware of it), as there is a section on here for Windows Mobile, as well as for the iPhone, I will not be leaving the forums.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    There are many reasons to choose one phone over another.....but looking at the new technology made me wonder if there is some truth or substance to the Iphone craze. So, after looking at
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2220&id[]=1319&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=
    nope.....it is still a craze (IMO) as the elements and options I depend on and want in a phone are not there.....I want the ability to play my several hundred mp3's over my 8310 speaker and enjoy that LOUD delicious sound that envelops me as I drive....and I enjoy the flexibility of adjusting notifications within my BB by using my mp3's and SmartAlerts......don't see those capabilities yet on Apples prodigy.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Let's just face the truthful reality: We are device freaks Everytime there's one in our hands its like getting another fix!!!!!

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Lot of truth to that ct and I think we "get tired" of the "same old thing (BB)" and look on the other side of the fence to see if "it is greener".....but.....no, the Iphone is not necessarily "greener" but it is different......don't know if they can push 8 email addresses to their product either.....I enjoy what I have but keep an open mind for new technology that addresses my wants and needs.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The most important thing is service where you live, work, and play. Ask neighbors, friends, co-workers about what devices they have, how reliable the service is, do they drop calls or have a hard time maintaining 3G or EDGE? I live in a large metro area ad have friends with iPhones who say they constantly drop calls. I have other friends on Verizon who can't get a decent signal at my house.

You could always do what I did, keep your reliable BlackBerry as a phone and get an iPod Touch for all the cool iPhone games and apps and browsing over wi-fi
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The most important thing is service where you live, work, and play. Ask neighbors, friends, co-workers about what devices they have, how reliable the service is, do they drop calls or have a hard time maintaining 3G or EDGE? I live in a large metro area ad have friends with iPhones who say they constantly drop calls. I have other friends on Verizon who can't get a decent signal at my house.

You could always do what I did, keep your reliable BlackBerry as a phone and get an iPod Touch for all the cool iPhone games and apps and browsing over wi-fi
    Now that's a good idea, you can even make calls over WiFi with Skype something the bb can't do! I think that may be something I will do!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep, you can make skype calls with your iPod Touch over wi-fi, it has no mic though so I use my BB headset with the built in mic
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    Lot of truth to that ct and I think we "get tired" of the "same old thing (BB)" and look on the other side of the fence to see if "it is greener".....but.....no, the Iphone is not necessarily "greener" but it is different......don't know if they can push 8 email addresses to their product either.....I enjoy what I have but keep an open mind for new technology that addresses my wants and needs.
    I never had that many email addresses attached to my iphone but I believe that you can. The problem is that you can only access one email at a time and there is no "message" folder that encompesses all of your emails at once and it can become annoying especially if you are in a hurry. This may or may not be addressed in the new OS for iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

That's sounds like a great ideal for me also I'm not going to moan any more about bricking my iphone. I think that I just may get an ipod touch for use around the house. I'm sure I can transfer my apps in Itunes over to the Ipod Touch.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    mikegelf your not the only one who feels that way. 3.0 did close the gap with many features and the App Store just can't be overlooked anymore.

Read this You will feel better about your opinion.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-17-2009 at 02:00 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That was an eye-opening article. I just read it and agree with most of the points BGR made regarding the UI and OS. As for now, when my contract is up, I will be taking a break from RIM and exploring different platforms until they come up with something new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast