Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

you can also set up a standard DUN to use your tour as a modem.....ive ... BlackBerry Tour forum

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

Advertisement

you can also set up a standard DUN to use your tour as a modem.....ive been using it pretty frequently and i dont have a tethering plan either........

hackerjoe no está en línea Stack level 2

New DM ? What Version is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcky View Post
    As far as I am concern there is no need to get a third party application to use ure tour as a modem. The new version of DM that was leaked have the IP modem option and gives the access to successfully doing so once the connection settings is configure properly. I am a living proof to that. I have done it on my laptop.
    Where might I find that & what version is it? I'm guessing its not the version thats included on the CD I have.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Me likey :P
    Access Denied !

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    you can also set up a standard DUN to use your tour as a modem.....ive been using it pretty frequently and i dont have a tethering plan either........
    I have tried but not with Bluetooth as some of the laptops we have don't have it as they are a bit older.

Do you have a link to the steps for setting it up as a DUN modem.....

If its the one where you use #777 I couldnt get it to work but could try it again it won't hurt............
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by hackerjoe View Post
    I have tried but not with Bluetooth as some of the laptops we have don't have it as they are a bit older.

Do you have a link to the steps for setting it up as a DUN modem.....

If its the one where you use #777 I couldnt get it to work but could try it again it won't hurt............
    yes its the one with #777.....did you have DM open when you tried to connect?.......username and pasword fields are blank......

Tour as Modem

No I didn't have DM open when trying it at least I don't think it was !
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    DM has to be running for it to work and your tour had to be connected to DM while you use DUN.

Abdul Mateen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    5C46CA32
    I used the smartview with my sprint Tour. It worked fine about a month ago when used as a modem. Smartview was set up for my 8330. It worked like a charm. Didn't have to have the DM open either. Haven't tried it lately. Going to try it tonight. Also sprint told me it would not work. Post later to tell if it still works.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've used my Sprint Tour a couple of times as a modem. I have Phone as Modem in my plan. Using it with the latest version of SmartView. Took a couple of trys initially. I had to call Sprint and go through an "activation" process using the Tour with SmartView. But, the bottom line is that YES, the Tour is Phone as Modem capable.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I have the unlimited plan! Everything! Setup the #777 with DUN then have DM running. That's it! Took me 3mins to setup my connection. Everyone that has a blackberry MUST have DM installed on their computer otherwise you don't deserve a BB.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

devon2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3213E496
    I have sprint BB tour but I used to be with Verizon and still have the verizon modem software on my laptop, I use Verizon modem software and it works perfectly with my sprint phone, Im sure u can download the software for free at http://www.vzam.net/download/downloa...?productid=394

Tethering

My work buddy says he got it working while running Desktop Manager and using a DUN connection. I'll try this but will it work with Sprint ???????????
    Thanks,

Joe
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

Verizon application

Quote Originally Posted by devon2000 View Post
    I have sprint BB tour but I used to be with Verizon and still have the verizon modem software on my laptop, I use Verizon modem software and it works perfectly with my sprint phone, Im sure u can download the software for free at http://www.vzam.net/download/downloa...?productid=394
    devon2000,

I tried the Verizon software tonight and it worked with no problems untill I tried to install Sprint Smart View and it errors out and shuts down.
    I have read that some people are still using SmartView software but I cant get it to see the phone!
    So far I like the Verizon software its a One Click connect! I'm going to try the BB Desktop MAnager setup w/ A DUN connection but I don't think I'll like it

Thanks,

Joe
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

Verizon Connection Software not working!

OK I went to connect to the Internet today using MY Tour but the Verizon connection software doesn't work any longer !

I tried to connect using DM 5.0 and a DUN connection but it wont see my phone !

DM is running in the backgroud any help anyone?

Thanks,

Joe
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use my Blackberry Tour 9630 as a modem to get on internet.

I have nTelos.

bjohns42 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B26AB

Help with DUN

For those of you saying that a DUN works with #777, could someone run through the setup process on this? And also does this method require v5 of DM? I still have v4.6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast