Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is exaclty what they said -------- chrxxxxxxxx, I do apologize for this, however phone ... BlackBerry Tour forum

hackerjoe no está en línea Stack level 2

Support said the 9630 cant be used as modem ?? WTF !!!!!

Advertisement

This is exaclty what they said -------- chrxxxxxxxx, I do apologize for this, however phone as modem is not compatible with the BB 9630 tour phone.
    What USB software will work with the 9630 as the Sprint Smartview doesn't work with this model ?
    Anyone ?????
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Me likey :P
    Access Denied !

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check this thread for information.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Don't know. I have cable modem at home and data plan with Tour. Don't need it to be a modem. Why would you want to? Especially with Sprint 4G pocket Wifi???
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

For traveling with no ISP available !

You can use your cell in a jam --- Dont have the extra $$$$ for an AirCard !
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

Tried adding it as a Modem

Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    Check this thread for information.

I tried adding it the way described but it didn't query the 9630 info as a modem but does Desktop manager have to be running I didn't have it running.
    Sprint should just make a SmartView app that will work like it does for the 8330's
    Thanks
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Might want to check into TetherBerry, if you can't get another method to work.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tetherberry is expensive but a very easy to use, intuitive program. Works very well and I recommend it!!

Thanks but dont have the $$$$

Thanks but dont have the $$$$ for it

I read somewhere else that one of the Sprint USB Aircard applications is supposed to work with the 9630 but not sure which one as there are quite a few of different Sprint Aircards
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

sommacero no está en línea Stack level 1
    sprint was getting hit with a TON of people trying to use phone as a modem for free and have put as many restrictions on it as they can. remember, you are mad that you cant get a $50 extra for free. i know that it used to work for free, and it sucks it is no longer free. at least with their everything plan you dont pay extra for bb like att (thats a $30 savings there). even if you do get it working they will figure it out since your data usage will skyrocket, they have been know to call people and "inform them that it is against they agreement" i know because i was one of those people. when they called me they tried to give me an aircard "at a reduced cost"

Quote Originally Posted by sommacero View Post
    sprint was getting hit with a TON of people trying to use phone as a modem for free and have put as many restrictions on it as they can. remember, you are mad that you cant get a $50 extra for free. i know that it used to work for free, and it sucks it is no longer free. at least with their everything plan you dont pay extra for bb like att (thats a $30 savings there). even if you do get it working they will figure it out since your data usage will skyrocket, they have been know to call people and "inform them that it is against they agreement" i know because i was one of those people. when they called me they tried to give me an aircard "at a reduced cost"
    Well I think we are supposed to have unlimited Data so would that Matter ??????
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Access Denied !

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Might want to check into TetherBerry, if you can't get another method to work.

RoGro.....isn't TetherBerry a one time fee of $50?? Or is it a monthly gig?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Not sure what the price is these days. I got it when it first came out for a special they were running, but yes, it's just a one-time fee.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    thanks man!!

scrotius no está en línea Stack level 1
    i had a 7130e and it could be tethered. this technology is old. data is expensive. and even though you have unlimited data some companies will charge you per MB for tethering.

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    As far as I am concern there is no need to get a third party application to use ure tour as a modem. The new version of DM that was leaked have the IP modem option and gives the access to successfully doing so once the connection settings is configure properly. I am a living proof to that. I have done it on my laptop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast