Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Getting my Tour tomorrow. I can not wait for it.... BlackBerry Tour forum

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Advertisement

Getting my Tour tomorrow. I can not wait for it.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    Is it really worth the switch from a curve 8330. I'm due for a upgrade and I was torn between a pre the tour and a iphone. Had the pre in my hands and its not for me I have big hands so the small buttons just won't work. I want a new device but if the tour is just last years Christmas sweater re wrapped with a new bow on top then ill be making the switch to a iphone.....so please, please pinstack give me some real tour pros and cons vs 8330 curve pros and cons.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Personally, its worth the upgrade. If you feel your phone is outdated and getting slow, you will really appreciate the tour.
    heres my brief review..

Its not just a sweater re-wrapped to me, it like getting a leather jacket instead.
    read the review, and this is from a person coming from an 8330.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Is the the lag time when sending a text, or email a OS issue or phone issue? If it is an OS issue I hope that it will be fixed in the next OS upgrade. Anyone else have any ideas on this?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Hmm, i never noticed any lag when doing so.

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E

of course it has a sim card

I am using the new tour with sprint and just went to europe with it and it worked great. Used it for calls and for data on the actual phone and for phone as modem and worked fine. I thought it was funny that he thought that the sim card in the back was some kind of scam or something. It doesn't sound like you are a true berry user as you have had a curve before at least but you seem dumbfounded by many features. Why do u need to use the web browser while you are on a phone call anyway. I can see texting while you are online or using phone asd modem, which you can do, along with you can now use the music store in the background while being online, which was a music store update for blackberrys, not just the tour, because I could do it on my curve.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    Any idea when Sprint will have 3G? I saw that this Tour has the ability to be on the phone and the web at the same time, but be on the 3G network. It can connect to it, but I am still showing 1XEV

Not sure if it's too late to answer but to give you a little bit more detail..

Sprint's 3G network is EV-DO up untill recently the majority of the cell phone's it offered supported EV-DO Rev. 0 and their laptop cards supported EV-DO Rev. A which offers a speed improvement both on the upload and download.

The CDMA EV-DO technology is not capable of doing both data and voice at the sametime unlike the GSM network UMTS (AT&T)

It'll be some time untill Sprint has the technology that will support this... (4G.. available in a few select markets but no cell phones available just yet.. only laptop cards)

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Got mine and could not be happier, my wife loves my old Curve.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    have fun with it MWP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123