Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just received my Tour from Sprint. It is sweet. It will take a little ... BlackBerry Tour forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Sprint Tour

Advertisement

I just received my Tour from Sprint. It is sweet. It will take a little getting used to. The keyboard layout and the feel of the trackball is different from my curve. I have not had any issues like the ones I have read about a loose battery cover and such. Everything works great.

Cons: The newer slimmer USB port will require all new car chargers. RIM did not stay with the traditional micro USB, this is a "squished down flatter version".
    I also transferred my micro SD card from the curve into the Tour and it said that it cannot read the encrypted card. I must format the card or return it to the original blackberry that it came from.

Another odd thing I noticed was that next to the sd card slot there was a white SIM card with some numbers and Sprint printed on it. Now all of us who have Sprint, know that we don't have SIM cards. The CS rep I spoke with didn't know what I was talking about. I pulled it out and it is some type of SIM card just like the other carriers have. After checking in the manual, this is an actual SIM card used for the Global roaming if you leave the country. Cool.

The new position of the USB port is a new change that I will have to get used to. There are also two hidden buttons on the very top of the phone. One locks it, and the other is a mute key.

So far I would rate the phone 4 out of 5. We will see how daily use goes.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    dubie,
    As you now know, the Tour is a combo CDMA-GSM phone like the 88xx series phones and the Tour DOES come with a SIM card. They work on both protocols - that's one of the attractions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    dubie,
    As you now know, the Tour is a combo CDMA-GSM phone like the 88xx series phones and the Tour DOES come with a SIM card. They work on both protocols - that's one of the attractions.
    That's what I am figuring out. Just not used to having a SIM card after all these years with Sprint.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    That's what I am figuring out. Just not used to having a SIM card after all these years with Sprint.
    I know. I guess it's not so weird for the Verizon users that will also have the Tour offering since they had the 8830 (also a combo phone) to offer previously.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    Cons: The newer slimmer USB port will require all new car chargers. RIM did not stay with the traditional micro USB, this is a "squished down flatter version".
    Dubie-
    The USB port on this phone is the newer Micro-USB standard vs. the Mini-USB on most of the older Blackberry's. Motorola created a nice little converter cable a few years back when they started switching. The part number is SKN6252 and are available all over EBay (much cheaper than buying new chargers!).
    It plugs on the end of your Mini-USB charger and allows it plug into the Micro-USB port on your new phone. Although I have yet to try the actual connection to my computer, they are supposed to work on your sync cables as well.

Enjoy!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Sweet. Thanks!
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, I tried to save all of my old SD card content to my PC then format the SD card and transfer it back. The Tour still says it cant read the encrypted data. I have alot of stuff that I want transferred over. Any suggestions?

Well I figured it out. Just reset phone and that took care of it. This phone has the ability to remove SD card when phone is on. No need to pull battery to find SD card under it. It is in the open.
    Last edited by dubie76; 07-14-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Got it!
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Put the card in your old phone, turn encryption off, reformat it then try to put oit in your tour.

Edit: nevermind
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any idea when Sprint will have 3G? I saw that this Tour has the ability to be on the phone and the web at the same time, but be on the 3G network. It can connect to it, but I am still showing 1XEV
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sprint does have 3G. I'm just not sure if they have it in your area. Go to the website and look at the coverage map.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dubie if your showing 1XEV your on sprints 3G network. As far as phone and web at the same time, when I had my curve I wasn't able to do that. Now if Sprint fixed that it would be great. Please keep us up to date with your experience with the tour. Just as I left sprint they get something new.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well the phone is fast. Very nice and sleek looking. I just got off the phone with Sprint Blackberry Tech support. The 1XEV is Sprint 3G service, however Sprint has not enabled the ability for web and phone at the same time even though 3G has the capability. They could not comment on when of if they will enable it. So much for 3G huh.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow. They haven't changed much. I left them for ATT and my blackberry can web surf and be on the phone at the same time. Hopefully sprint fixes that. I'm thinking in giving that phone a run at the local store once I find one with it out on display

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Even with that said, the phone is wicked fast. I see a big difference from the 8330 Curve. Now we just need to get going on themes, and Tour OS specific apps and such!

Just ordered this skin too.....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390068691013
    Last edited by dubie76; 07-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    God im jealous, while im sitting here reading this and waiting on my back ordered phone to arrive wheneva..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast