Just a curious question. For all those who have a tour who is your provider ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Omegazab no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30c96eb6

sprint or verizon

Advertisement

Just a curious question. For all those who have a tour who is your provider sprint or verizon? I personally am going through sprint because well verizon isn't in my area til october the earliest. anyways the real question is do you think that the batch sent to sprint or the batch sent to verizon seems to be more problematic? i know someone will think a tour is a tour but ya know no matter how hard a company tries that they will have slight differences in builds more they try to push out in a production period.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have Sprint, I'm on my 2nd Tour....My first one had trackball issues...took it to the Sprint store for them to possibly replace(so I could keep my PIN), and yep...they broke it completely...

My 2nd device hasn't had any problems though...
    D-Tole

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Im on my second sprint tour. Mine kept rebooting everyother day. But i dont think its a carrier issue. A tour is a tour, the only difference is cosmetic, outside of that, its the same phone.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    I would go with Sprint IMO. The Simply Everything plan looks amazing considering I am stuck with an iPhone plan and voice that costs me $120+ for just one line. :/

Omegazab no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30c96eb6
    i doubt it is a actually carrier issue as well just that each company got boxes upon boxes of these phones and i would guess that there would be some sort of discrepancies between each.

Ya i do plan on going through sprint for there everything data plan actually. its the same as the simply everything plan but without the unlimited minutes and can be about 30 bucks cheaper (at least the one with 450 anytime unlimited nights and weekends)

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I actually just ordered my sprint tour and will post back here once I get it and have had some time to mess with it...
    and about differences in phones:
    I believe that not all models are created equally but I don't think it's a carrier issue either though. It may just depend where in the world that particular batch of phones came from...
    I personally have the sprint 8330 that was "made in Canada"
    and...
    I have a friend who has the verizon 8330 that was "Hencho in Mexico"
    and since day one it's always had... Quirks? it would reboot VERY randomly, was a little bit slower, mixed up buttons randomly (left and right convenience keys and what not) we were running the same OS and pretty much the same programs. Although, he was MUCH worse about clearing his call logs, E-mails, SMS messages, MMS messages, and so on. So I think that was a factor in his issues but not one that would result in all of the problems he had with that phone.

UPDATE:
    8/18/2009
    so I got my tour today... still playing with it... MUCH different than my old 8330.
    I like it thus far, but like I siadn I'm still playing wth it one thing I have noticed, it takes a lot longer that my old 8330 to reboot. Is the same true with others who have upgraded to the tour?
    will post more questions later I'm sure...
    oh yeah, mine is now HENCHO in Mexico, so we'll see how it goes.
    love the new style of the browser tho...!
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

mrpickem no está en línea Stack level 1
    The tour is terribly slow to reboot, overall I love it!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    yeah it is slow to reboot. Like 4.5 minutes.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    yup everything seems to be going well so far, glad to know I'm not the only one with a slow boot up.
    other then the issue with the profiles and the settings being changed globally I think this device is a winner.
    is anyone else noticing that?
    there are more profiles with this phone but... if you change the ring tone or volume in one it will change in all the others. wth?
    seems like if that was the way it was going to be just make one profile and let the end user set up a lot of custom ones.
    hope that gets fixed in the next OS update.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey