So, I got my brand new Tour, charged it up, activated it, got the tech ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Setup > Email Settings

Advertisement

So, I got my brand new Tour, charged it up, activated it, got the tech people to hook me up to the BES . . . and I am good to go. Just been playing with this for a day now to try and get familiar with it.

Question: On the desktop, after going to Setup and then Email Settings -- I get a screen that tells me "Your account is currently configured to device with PIN 123A1234"

"Would you like to switch to the device with PIN 12a9876?"

What's going on here? Two PIN numbers? A mismatch?

I've never used the PIN'ing features and I'm not really sure what it is. Anyway, so what's up here?

Thanks in advance.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Since your on BES talk with your IT Dept and let them know about the message. Another device has been previously tied to the account. So you don't register the wrong numbers or device ask them about it.

If it was BIS that may show after you upgraded to a newer Blackberry but using the same email account or other service account associated with the phone. So you would be associating the newer PIN number (new phone) with your accounts. Normally using BIS you would select to switch to the new device PIN.

The BES is all done via your IT Department. They can help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Since your on BES talk with your IT Dept and let them know about the message. Another device has been previously tied to the account. So you don't register the wrong numbers or device ask them about it.

If it was BIS that may show after you upgraded to a newer Blackberry but using the same email account or other service account associated with the phone. So you would be associating the newer PIN number (new phone) with your accounts. Normally using BIS you would select to switch to the new device PIN.

The BES is all done via your IT Department. They can help you with that.
    OK, got it. Thanks. As far as the highlighted part, while I am not BIS, I did do this -- upgraded to the Tour, from an old 7250, using the same e-mail address, and account I think (corporate e-mail, tied to Lotus Notes).

Thanks again.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The message is asking you to switch from
    the old 7250 PIN to the new Tour PIN.

It's a normal message.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The message is asking you to switch from
    the old 7250 PIN to the new Tour PIN.

It's a normal message.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    Ahhhh . . . got it. Thank you.