I have what may be a simple question. When I go into options then ring ... BlackBerry Tour forum

diagmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Ring tone/alerts question

Advertisement

I have what may be a simple question. When I go into options then ring tones/alerts, under messages I see: Email, Level 1, MMS, PIN and SMS Text. What is level 1 for, and what is PIN for?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Level one is a setting that you can give to pin messages meaning those are really important for you, to do that go to messages options, general settings and look for make pin messages level one.

PIN is a kind of message that you can send to another blackberry owner using his/her pin number instead of the phone number.
    The pin number is unique for each blackberry device, you can find it going to options, status, fourth line of this screen.
    PIN messaging can be used by users with data plan on their account, since this type of services uses data, which means it doesn't cost you extra money in case you don't have a text messages plan.

Hope that make sense for you.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

diagmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for that quick reply. I was setting my ring tones and wasn't sure what they were for. Thanks again for clearing that up.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You're welcome
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1