I lost my BB Curve and had to replace it. I purchased a Blackberry Tour ... BlackBerry Tour forum

joedady16 no está en línea Stack level 1

Reprogramm Tour 9630??

Advertisement

I lost my BB Curve and had to replace it. I purchased a Blackberry Tour 9630 on ebay. I have service with Sprint. When I called Sprint to activate the phone, it turns out that the phone is already activated with another account, which is past due and needs to be paid before they can release it. Is there a way to reprogram it or around this?

Quote Originally Posted by joedady16 View Post
    I lost my BB Curve and had to replace it. I purchased a Blackberry Tour 9630 on ebay. I have service with Sprint. When I called Sprint to activate the phone, it turns out that the phone is already activated with another account, which is past due and needs to be paid before they can release it. Is there a way to reprogram it or around this?
    As far as I know, the answer is no. However, Ebay provides buyer protection for everything sold at their site, and you may be able to contact them and get your money back from the sale. Additionally, this will protect others from the dishonest seller you bought the phone from. Also, you may be able to explain this situation to an understanding Spring rep: Don't be afraid to talk to several people, at retail shops and on the phone. Sometimes different representatives give different answers. Thirdly, I would assume the Ebay seller has no intention of paying his past-due bill at all, so when the account the phone is attached to is closed they may release it to you. Anybody else have any ideas?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You're 100% correct Mark. Untill the past due bill is paid, no carrier will release the PIN to be activated. Joedady, Ebay and PayPal frown on things of this nature, so I would do as Mark suggested. Contact the seller first, and tell them of your intention to get Ebay and PayPal involved. Then if you get no response file a claim with both Ebay and PayPal. PayPal, for all their faults, is still good at refunding fraudulent purchases.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

joedady16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. Thats what I was afraid of. I did contact the seller and they are going to give me a 100% refund. I figured I'd dbl check before sending it back. If I were able to obtain the MSL code, would I be able to reassign it to my number?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Yes, if you have a clear PIN, your carrier will be able to swap your old number from a previous device to the new device. Good luck buddy.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red